Special Tools

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
BobGee

Special Tools

Post by BobGee »

I have a number of Walther GSP-type target pistols. Each came with a special tool - see right hand implement in the photo. The top centre protrusion is hooked.

I also have a number of Baikal 35M target pistols (both Baikal and the Walther KSP200). My club also has a bunch of Baikal MP46M air pistols. All came with a special tool - see the left hand implement in the photo.

Apart from the obvious screwdriver blade ends, I would like to know what the other protrusions are for?

A very experience fellow club member suggested that the top projection on the Baikal tool (left hand implement) is a magazine feed lips gauge. I'm inclined to that opinion too as it is the correct width and I've used it to ensue the lips on one of my pistols, which was having feeding problems, were opened up enough.

Has anyone any thoughts about any or all of these odd protrusions?

Bob
Attachments
image.jpeg
David Levene

Re: Special Tools

Post by David Levene »

I've got a feeling that the hook on the Walther tool was for removing the "spring fixing" rear sight blades.

It's 34 years since I had a GSP though so I could be wrong.
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

The right hand tool is for removing the old sight inserts that popped in vertically. (The newer ones have a long horizontal slot and slip in sideways) The tool slips under the sight insert and you pry it out by levering to one side or the other.

NOTE: This tool is only for the older sight inserts.

The other end is to adjust the sights.

You question about the tool being used as a magazine gauge is interesting. It may be a mere coincidence as the tool is used for the 22 Short, 22 Long Rifle, and 32 WadCutter pistols.

Have you a reference to documentation regarding the 32 magazine lip adjustments?

Cheers,

Dave
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

fc60 wrote:
Have you a reference to documentation regarding the 32 magazine lip adjustments?
Hi Dave,

Thanks for clearing up the Walther tool query.

WRT the other tool, I don't know of any Baikal .32 wadcutter self-loaders so cannot help with the lip gap. I believe the Russians tended to use revolvers for the centrefire match (Toz36/49).

Bob