New Air Cylinders for Morini 162 EI

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
K38

New Air Cylinders for Morini 162 EI

Post by K38 »

Am I way off thinking that new air pistol cylinders for my Morini are about $350.00 a piece and the old one just have to be thrown out and cannot be recertified?

Thanks,

D.
Gwhite

Re: New Air Cylinders for Morini 162 EI

Post by Gwhite »

$350 sounds like the price with a digital gauge. An analog gauge cylinder is still expensive, but not that outrageous. The ISSF makes no mention of re-certification being allowed. I've seen cylinders that appear to have been recertified, but I've heard that Morini won't do it.

It's really only an issue if you shoot big matches. Morini cylinders were certified by the factory for 20 years before the 10 year rule went into effect, so I wouldn't worry about safety if you want to use them for practice or less formal matches.
K38

Post by K38 »

Mine say 20 years with a starting date of 2008 so are they already out of date?
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

The new ISSF rule says 10 years from date of manufacture. If you go to a big match that has equipment checkers, they won't let you use them.
K38

Post by K38 »

Lovely that it costs $600.00 for two new cylinders...... Maybe time to trade it in for a Steyr.

D.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

They may have gone up a bit, but I bought a couple for under $200 each in 2022 from International Shooters Service.
Rover

Post by Rover »

No help to you, but SAM factory redated my cylinders (good to 2028). I'm also using another expired pair.

See what CAN be done with the right attitude!
K38

Post by K38 »

Thanks for reminding me of Neil Step. I called him and ordered two new ones this morning. I’m sure I didn’t need to as I doubt anything is wrong with mine and the chance I will get to shoot a match is remote. On the other hand keeping him in business is very good for all of us as is keeping Morini in business. I also made a donation to Target Talk to help pay for my big mouth! Thanks to all. I keep thinking it wouldn’t be that incredibly expensive to put together a mobile 20 position rifle and pistol range for air pistol and air rifle that could be set up in different places around the country. It be could all fit in a dedicated trailer and have matches every couple of weeks. Ok, I’m old and crazy.

D.
m1963

Post by m1963 »

The CMP has a mobile range that is configurable...

https://thecmp.org/ranges/cmp-competition-centers/
K38

Post by K38 »

It would be cool to invite them to central Texas if enough interest could be generated. It seems the CMP is really taking the lead in marksmanship.

D.