TargetTalk

A forum to talk about Olympic style shooting, rifle or pistol, 10 meters to 50 meters, and whatever is in between. Hosted by Pilkguns.com
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:13 am 

Gwhite wrote:
In any event, I took apart the misbehaving bolt. It had a factory spring in it, but (I think) more important was a flake of plating about 1/2 a millimeter square that could easily account for the sudden drop in functioning.

AHA! Same thing both my parts did and started me down this road. Ok, I repeat my fix - hone the plating off both sides of the thing and be done with it.

Regarding the spring, you'll find Larry's spring starts off identical in length to a used Benelli spring, but after it takes a set it will be slightly shorter. Doesn't matter, it's still a way better spec.

Regarding the "brass falls out" threshold, good idea. I'll measure mine that way once I get my hands on a Lyman.

[edit]
A friend made an interesting observation, saying the extractor point's shape looks like sharpening a lathe tool. It does, really. Taking that attitude into the task kind of sets the right tone for a good result.