SCATT MX-02 for 25 meter pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Coolmeester

SCATT MX-02 for 25 meter pistol

Post by Coolmeester »

Hello!

Has anyone here tried SCATT MX-02 on 25m pistol live fire with .22 or .32 ammo? I'm interested in mounting one to my Pardinis. I'm pretty sure precision will work fine, but how about shooting to rapid fire target? Is there any support for that?

How about shooting standard pistol 5 shot series? Does it register all the shots and can each shot of the series be analyzed individually?
Center-fire pistol
Standard pistol
Rapid fire pistol
Free pistol
Air pistol
ruig

Re: SCATT MX-02 for 25 meter pistol

Post by ruig »

Rapid fire target will not work due to lack of sufficient white area/frame around the black target.

Scatt offers long mounting belts. See pic..
SPPcoach

Post by SPPcoach »

ruig wrote:Rapid fire target will not work due to lack of sufficient white area/frame around the black target
That is really unfortunate. We got a MX-02 last year.
My youth team started practicing 25 Meter International rapid fire. There is a range in Phoenix built to the proper specs that we could train on.
I and i have a couple of athletes that are committed to pursue this sport.
We will have to adapt another target for our use. If anyone has suggestions, let me know.
ruig wrote:Scatt offers long mounting belts. See pic..
I think I will need one of these for our Pardini RF. I have not tried it yet on this gun.
KH250

Post by KH250 »

I use the Scatt USB version and the only five shot series that I have found that can be done are the military rapid fire 10, 8, 6 second series. This is done on one target. And it is the R/F target. I use a LP50 and LP10e for this.
I do not know if the MX-2 has more five shot series matches available. STD pistol 150, 20, 10 second series and R/F pistol are not available on my software. If these matches are available with the MX-2 I would have a good reason to upgrade.
KH250

Post by KH250 »

A five shot group shot on a Scatt USB, match is Military rapid fire 10 second series. Pistol Steyr LP50hp. Sensitivity set to 40 so the sensor does not register multiple shot when one is fired. Dry fire mag used. Not a problem with the LP10e, sensitivity is set at 1.5 to 2.
Attachments
Five shots.jpg
madmax

Post by madmax »

Thanks to KH250 for the info on using the Scatt USB. Got me experimenting with my MX-02.

Yes, the MX-02 will shoot RF using the Military RF. The differences I get are:
1. I can only get 1 sighter. To get over this I move my rear sight up, 2 turns for centre hole, 4 turns for base of target. Fire the 1 sighter to confirm the hit position. I shoot for groups on the Scatt, not scores. The groups are automatically centred at the end of the match to give a "real" score.
2. The shot times shown are not sequential as shown by KH250's printout. They appear to be the amount of time on the target. I have experienced times shown from 0.2 to 4.4 seconds.

Following from a similar recent thread, I have now been able to use the Scatt to evaluate relative group sizes. Shooting at base of target gives me tighter and more consistent groups than shooting at centre. This corroborates my live fire experience in both 25m Pistol and CFR which I have not been able to reliably confirm (shooting on different days, on different ranges, under different conditions). Now I can shoot some at centre, and immediately shoot some at base, under the same conditions, on the same programme. Base is what works for me (sight picture is more definite), but everyone needs to find what works best for them.

Never stop having fun!!

Max.