TargetTalk

A forum to talk about Olympic style shooting, rifle or pistol, 10 meters to 50 meters, and whatever is in between. Hosted by Pilkguns.com
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:37 pm 

Someone recommended this technique to me. Lately I have been using the upper back muscle as a "strap" in pistol shooting to stabilize the shoulder girdle and arm, with very good results.

I think it's the same principle as using strap for rifle shooting. However, in this case, left hand in pocket/ on belt, upper back muscles are an evenly stretched "strap" to shoulder girdle and arm during pistol lift.

Anyone care to comment on this upper back muscle "strap" technique? Got to send Keith Sanderson a note, to see if his whirling of his shoulder during lift is to stretch his shooting arm forward and strapping his upper back muscles.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:42 pm 

I wonder if you could explain in more detail. What do you mean by 'scapular muscle' or upper back muscle?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:31 pm 

Scapular muscles are the muscles between shoulder blades. If you stretch your shooting arm forward, you will be strapping those scapular muscles.