Drulov-75

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
fc60

Drulov-75

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

I came across a Drulov-75 in like new condition with the box. Sadly, it is left handed and no parts list.

I have learned it was made in the Czech Republik.

Does anyone know precisely what firm made the pistol? Are they still in business?

Neither Nill nor Rink catalog a grip for this model. Any suggestions for the right hand user?

Cheers,

Dave
Rover

Re: Drulov-75

Post by Rover »

Yeah! Leave it!
C. Perkins

Post by C. Perkins »

fc60 wrote:Greetings,

I came across a Drulov-75 in like new condition with the box. Sadly, it is left handed and no parts list.

I have learned it was made in the Czech Republik.

Does anyone know precisely what firm made the pistol? Are they still in business?

Neither Nill nor Rink catalog a grip for this model. Any suggestions for the right hand user?

Cheers,

Dave
Hello Dave;
I have one also but in right handed as you should have cause parts are scarce.
I believe they were imported by BRNO in the 1990's
Maybe contact the guy on this forum that does custom grips, thinking Berry Hill or something...
I practice at 50ft. using 10m AP targets, on a good day they are all in the black(7 ring and under)
It is totally different from my past free pistols(TOZ and Hammerli) but if you focus on the controls, it will deliver.
Just remember that these free pistols will out shoot your ability whether they cost $300 or $3000.

Clarence
D.R. badge #99
DFWdude

Post by DFWdude »

I bought a RH Drulov-75 three decades ago. Paid $150 if I recall correctly.

It's a simple pistol, and needs to be since it is no longer in production, and there are no parts that I could find, even that many years ago. (I broke the firing pin and had to make another from scratch.)

This is a heavy pistol, or should I say top-heavy. Reminds of a FWB 65 AP with bore well above the hand. Entry-level free pistol, yes. And I like it fine and still have it. But more as a curiosity in a small collection. I can't truly say it's a serious 50m pistol.

The Drulov is for free pistols what the Izzy 46m is for air pistols, IMO. I can't imagine shooting a full match with either.
Dr. Jim

Post by Dr. Jim »

Yes, Drulovs of at least two different versions were exported from the Czech Republic, but way back! They were moderately common in Canada as a first or 'training' free pistol in the 1980s. Yes very simple and rugged design,the barrel was quite accurate, but the trigger is a bit of a hassle to tune - the two types were a straight mechanical direct release, or a set system which tended to 'walk' in adjustment. The grip always felt like a 'bent banana' to me. Tradex in Montreal had a large batch of surplus ones recently. They might have parts, but there are hassles about shipping such over the boarder as we both know! In the 1980s they sold for about $75 up here. Tradex prices have been much much higher.

Cheers
ABerryhill

Post by ABerryhill »

Dave,

I can help you with that grip. I 3d-print custom target pistol grips and have helped a lot of shooters you'll find on this forum. You can search both here and the Bullseye forum for reviews of my work. I make Drulov grips and if you'd like one yourself, just let me know.

All best,

Andrew

Andrew Berryhill
PrecisionTargetPistolGrips.com
Darren M

Post by Darren M »

Dave,

I'm a left hand shooter and have a right Drulov 75 grip in wood. It has a bit of bog on it and but is otherwise original.

If you still have your left grip let me know. We can work out a trade.

Otherwise I hope it went well.

I bought mine to see if I like the sport and I do but I am reluctant to get rid of it. I told someone at the club I'll get rid of it when it breaks given the lack of parts and the other shooter said "Buddy you'll be waiting a while because that thing is built like a tractor"

All the best.
dwostler

Post by dwostler »

Darren M, do you still have that right handed grip for trade?
I have a left handed I’d like to trade.
Thanks, Dennis
Hamster

Post by Hamster »

A friend of mine has a Drulov 75, the version with the set trigger. He bought a left hand grip for it from Rink. It's not quite as nice as my TOZ, mostly because it's top heavy and the trigger is not as light. But it's quite adequate for 25 m (the longest range we have access to). I think they're a decent introduction to free pistol, and much less expensive than a used TOZ, let alone a European pistol. I would have been happy with one, had I not found a decent TOZ.