Heads Up On RWS Basic Pellets (USA)

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Gwhite

Re: Heads Up On RWS Basic Pellets (USA)

Post by Gwhite »

A US dealer has just received a very large shipment direct from Germany of RWS Basic pellets in 500 pellet tins. They are packed in 10 can sleeves, without the silly plastic overpack, 25,000 per case. The price is only slightly higher than what they used to sell for before Umarex USA decided that 300 pellet tins would be a good way to gouge people and guarantee that the pellets get damaged in shipment.

PM me for details. I don't want to get the dealer in hot water for bypassing Umarex USA, and although the Basic pellets aren't at a price point where they are in direct competition with anything our host sells, I don't want to violate any rules by "advertising" them here.
utemarksman

Re: Heads Up On RWS Basic Pellets (USA)

Post by utemarksman »

Our collegiate pistol team doesn’t shoot nearly as much as yours and our numbers are dwindling. Our source of cheap practice pellets dried up and so we went to find something else.

We acquired different brands of tins at $6 or less and tested them for weight consistency, head diameter consistency and group size from different club pistols (Hammerli 480, Steyr LP5, Morini 162e). We found that the best for the money was Excite Plinking. The RWS Basic and Hobby performed well but weren’t priced as well. The only thing worse than Excite Econ was Air Venturi which was also the most expensive.

We decided as a club to train with the Excite Plinking, shoot matches with RWS Basic or Hobby and shoot big matches with R-10 (for the psychological boost).

We bought our supply of Excite Plinking from Airgun Depot with their buy three (or was it four) get one free offer. They were quite helpful. They even warned us of the changes in the RWS packaging.

The results/data of our test is written up in a report. PM me if you’d like to read it.