Varying pistols (for weight?)

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dcooper

Varying pistols (for weight?)

Post by dcooper »

Im training with LP 10 (Steyr) which is around 1,1kg and got an idea to get something a bit lighter (Pardini perhaps). Then I thought whether it would make sense to switch pistols while training for better weight control?
David Levene

Re: Varying pistols (for weight?)

Post by David Levene »

dcooper wrote:Then I thought whether it would make sense to switch pistols while training for better weight control?
I can think of no sensible reason to use a different gun in training to the one you would use in a match (other than occasionally using your backup match gun).
william

Post by william »

dcooper wrote:Im training with LP 10 (Steyr) which is around 1,1kg and got an idea to get something a bit lighter (Pardini perhaps). Then I thought whether it would make sense to switch pistols while training for better weight control?
Try a high-protein, low-carbohydrate diet and moderate exercise to help with weight control.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

dcooper wrote:Im training with LP 10 (Steyr) which is around 1,1kg and got an idea to get something a bit lighter (Pardini perhaps). Then I thought whether it would make sense to switch pistols while training for better weight control?
I'd advise against it, solely because you want to train the way you will compete. If anything, you might try adding weight while training if you find your arm is fatigued by the end of a match. Ideally, you want to shoot with as heavy a pistol as you can lift & hold steady for the duration of a match. Particularly if the weight is distributed properly, a heavier pistol will always be more stable. I can't shoot a light pistol worth a damn because it wiggles around so much.
dcooper

Post by dcooper »

Hi everyone, thanks for your feedback. I don't compete yet, though, but looking to boost results over the season... Would you please suggest more exercises for weight control and hand 'staying'?