TargetTalk

A forum to talk about Olympic style shooting, rifle or pistol, 10 meters to 50 meters, and whatever is in between. Hosted by Pilkguns.com
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:47 am 

Im training with LP 10 (Steyr) which is around 1,1kg and got an idea to get something a bit lighter (Pardini perhaps). Then I thought whether it would make sense to switch pistols while training for better weight control?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:10 am 

dcooper wrote:
Then I thought whether it would make sense to switch pistols while training for better weight control?

I can think of no sensible reason to use a different gun in training to the one you would use in a match (other than occasionally using your backup match gun).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:43 am 

dcooper wrote:
Im training with LP 10 (Steyr) which is around 1,1kg and got an idea to get something a bit lighter (Pardini perhaps). Then I thought whether it would make sense to switch pistols while training for better weight control?

Try a high-protein, low-carbohydrate diet and moderate exercise to help with weight control.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:32 am 

dcooper wrote:

I'd advise against it, solely because you want to train the way you will compete. If anything, you might try adding weight while training if you find your arm is fatigued by the end of a match. Ideally, you want to shoot with as heavy a pistol as you can lift & hold steady for the duration of a match. Particularly if the weight is distributed properly, a heavier pistol will always be more stable. I can't shoot a light pistol worth a damn because it wiggles around so much.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:52 am 

Hi everyone, thanks for your feedback. I don't compete yet, though, but looking to boost results over the season... Would you please suggest more exercises for weight control and hand 'staying'?