Tip For Walther Carbon Club and Synthetic Grip Owners

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Scrench

Tip For Walther Carbon Club and Synthetic Grip Owners

Post by Scrench »

If you want to mold the black synthetic grip on your Walther Carbon Club pistol to fit your hand, use JB Weld WaterWeld for about $7 at any Home Depot, Lowe's or equivalent. It's an underwater epoxy that goes on like a putty but dries hard in an hour, with about 5 minutes for you to shape it any way you want. I even fashioned a thumb ledge and added depth. I now have an exact copy of my palm on my grip, and it has improved every aspect of me shooting this pistol. Another great thing about it is, if you get tired of it on there, or want to start over, all you have to do is get a blunt piece of wood, hold it to the edge of the putty, then tap it with a hammer. It pops right off and doesn't disfigure the grip in any way. Just be sure you mix it thoroughly before applying it or you will have spots that don't dry all the way, that stick to your hand with a white residue that is hard to get off. Viola, you now have a grip that perfectly fits your hand, and unlike any other grip, has an adjustable thumb wall.

I haven't tried coloring it yet, so if anyone does it successfully, please let us all know.

Scrench
Attachments
5.jpg
Scrench

Re: Tip For Walther Carbon Club and Synthetic Grip Owners

Post by Scrench »

Guys and Gals,

Here are better pictures of what I did to the grip. You can see that all the little lines in my hand are imprinted in the epoxy, an exact copy of my hand. Just to let you know, I also bought a Rink grip because I thought that would be the best grip I could put on this pistol. Sent Mr. Rink a drawing of my hand, specified exactly what I wanted, waited 2 months to get it. What a disappointment. It didn't fit anywhere near like what I expected/hoped for, and the oil it was covered in stunk to high heaven and caused a bit of an allergic reaction. I could have whittled away at the grip or bondoed it to death, but for the money I had spent, I decided to look for other alternatives, and this is what I came up with. Glad I did, because nothing is as precise as a moldable putty. I never tried the factory Walther grip.
Attachments
Walther-Grip-and-Glasses-00.jpg
h.jpg