Grip fit

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Otter

Grip fit

Post by Otter »

I just purchased my first 10 meter air pistol, a used Steyr LP-10 with a medium grip. My question is how tight should my hand feel in the grip. It is a "snug" fit but not uncomfortable. The little finger is a little overlapped by the next finger. In other words, do I need a large grip? Thanks
ChipEck

Re: Grip fit

Post by ChipEck »

Personal preference, but I like my entire hand and fingers to fit. That said your little finger is sort of along for the ride. The majority of the hold is with your palm and second and third fingers. I do not know many shooters who have not ground or added putty to their grips.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Otter wrote:I just purchased my first 10 meter air pistol, a used Steyr LP-10 with a medium grip. My question is how tight should my hand feel in the grip. It is a "snug" fit but not uncomfortable. The little finger is a little overlapped by the next finger. In other words, do I need a large grip? Thanks
If it's a factory grip, it should have an adjustable palm shelf. If your little finger doesn't fit comfortably with the palm shelf at the bottom of it's range, you probably need a bigger grip (or a lot of grinding/filing/sanding).
Joe58

Post by Joe58 »

I like the shelf to be snug enough to where it keeps all my fingers aligned so the can't really move up and down on the grip. To me, this feels as though I'm gripping the pistol the same way each time. But not tight enough to be uncomfortable after awhile.

I think if you have a chance to try other guys grips on their pistols, you'll get a feel for the different sizes. I think adjustable grips feel pretty similar no matter the brand of the pistol.

But it's going to come down to what feels right for you and gives you consistency.

If you want to spend the coin, Rink will make a grip sized to your hand.
Rune Kanstad

Post by Rune Kanstad »

It should be comfortable without being really tight. Also, keep in mind that your hand size will vary a bit because of temperature changes, water retention and so on. So you may have to buy a slightly larger grip.
Otter

Post by Otter »

Thanks for all the advice...I will look for a larger grip.