What's your high score?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
northpaw

Re: What's your high score?

Post by northpaw »

Gwhite wrote: 575, which won the Massachusetts State Championship in 1983. It's been a long downhill slide since then...
578, achieved twice, many years ago. It`s been a long up and down jouney since then, down at present.
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

Keep practicing!!!
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Actually, "practicing" is probably not very productive at this stage. Especially if you've been shooting a long time, just shooting some more isn't going to help much.

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”.

Isolating weak points in your shot process and training to fix them will be more efficient. That's where a coach or at least an electronic trainer can help.
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

@Gwhite. Sometimes "ENCOURAGEMENT" can go a long way! Keep shooting!!!
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Isolating weak points in your shot process and training to fix them will be more efficient. That's where a coach or at least an electronic trainer can help.
Best advice for some time.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

deadeyedick wrote:
Best advice for some time.
Yes... But I still don't miss Ruslan.
ghillieman

Post by ghillieman »

A few come to mind.

The spindle I shot out of a spotter disk at 200 yards standing during a Service Rifle match.

The time a boy scout group was shooting bowling pins with .22 rifles at 50 yards. I went down range with them and set up 5 pins for myself at 50 yards, and proceeded to knock them down with a 5 shot string from my Service Pistol EIC gun. That left them stunned!

About 10 years ago my local range held a turkey shoot. One event was a golf ball on a string at 50 yards that you could bring your own .22 rifle and ammo to shoot it. $1 a shot, standing, unsupported, at 50 yards, hit it and you win a turkey. I got there and no one had hit the golf ball. Another shooter knew I shot in competition and loaned me his scoped vostok .22 rifle, I shot and hit the golf ball. Another guy said "oh, well, we all knew you would hit it when it was still, but can you hit it now that it's swinging around." So I loaded another round, aimed in, and shot the ball again while it was swinging. Probably a crowd of 50 people there went nuts.

Then there is the case of beers I won from Alex this year at Camp Perry! Sorry Alex, I had too.... :)
SlartyBartFast

Post by SlartyBartFast »

With my lowly pinker, whether it's slow, timed, or rapid I'm quite happy to be above my average of 78 on each target. My average for each is almost identical. Very happy to get 85 or more and extatic to manage a 90 or more.
Being vocally or visibly annoyed with scores of 75+ won't make me any friends with the majority of club members. And those that shoot better than me shoot WAY better than me. :p
- Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory
- FAS SP607
Rune Kanstad

Post by Rune Kanstad »

577 with my old Steyr LP, 5 years ago. I still hope to beat it some day with my LP10, but then I'd need to practice more...
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Rune Kanstad wrote:577 with my old Steyr LP, 5 years ago. I still hope to beat it some day with my LP10, but then I'd need to practice more...
Just curious, are you the same guy on Youtube known as "MrRuneRebel"?. He's also from Norway.
Rune Kanstad

Post by Rune Kanstad »

Nope. Never heard of him. Have to check him out, I guess...
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

I had a hunch and had to ask. The other "Rune" likes airguns and knives, but seems more a collector than a shooter...lol
Rune Kanstad

Post by Rune Kanstad »

Yes, and he seems to have mostly airsoft and BB guns.
Chia

Post by Chia »

460 something. I'm not ashamed in having fun (doesn't mean I don't want to improve but...)!
gravetpo

Post by gravetpo »

546 today in my garage range - a measured ten meters.
This is what I felt like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS7Og1zvdy8
Wynne G Oldman

Post by Wynne G Oldman »

I am over the moon today. I just shot my personal best in practice. I shot 546, with a best single card of 96. My previous record was 530 and 95 on a single card. Now I just need to do that in a comp.
Morini 162 EI
Anschutz 1913 Supermatch
Silvershooter

Post by Silvershooter »

I am over the moon today. I just shot my personal best in practice. I shot 546, with a best single card of 96. My previous record was 530 and 95 on a single card. Now I just need to do that in a comp.
Bravo

Are you entering the Blackburn comp at the end of the month then ?
Wynne G Oldman

Post by Wynne G Oldman »

Silvershooter wrote:
Bravo

Are you entering the Blackburn comp at the end of the month then ?
Nope. I shoot in the Cumbria and Northumbria with my pistol and small bore rifle, the Portslade and West Hove and my club competitions. That's enough for me. I have quite a busy life, and don't really have that much time for anything else.
Morini 162 EI
Anschutz 1913 Supermatch