TargetTalk

A forum to talk about Olympic style shooting, rifle or pistol, 10 meters to 50 meters, and whatever is in between. Hosted by Pilkguns.com
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:43 am 

I am 100% convinced that I am the problem.[size=150][/size]

This applies to me as well .... but my 'twitches' are I think due to a confidence problem . Fear of a bad shot leads invariably to bad shots. Trigger shyness combined with trying too hard. To have this leap of faith that makes one ignore the target and keep one's eye on the front sight , to allow for surprise shots that someohow are always accompanied by a natural follow through and an accurate call . I tried allowing surprise shots consistently , but have to give them up when a lot of them turned out to be unpleasant surprises !
I love this game cos it can never be totally mastered , as it requires someone to master himself and that is no mean feat but a worthy enterprise.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:59 am 

I had this happening with my P44. I ended up shimming the grip block to get my NPA to be the actual hang point the gun comes to with no corrective effort. I found that if I was holding the gun on point of aim with effort from its natural hang point in my hand i was succeptable to jerking the gun as i squeezed the trigger and lost control of the hold effort keeping the gun on target..... As the gun got closer to having NPA and its natural hang point being the same, the problem really minimised itself..... I also added a touch of nose weight to the gun to help hold the gun in place after i found that spot it liked..... It ended up being just a little bit more wrist down than the grip adjustments allowed, so a couple shims got me there. Also rolled in a bit of cant to relax the upper forearm a bit...... Went from 82s to 88-91s..... Theres more there now to be had.....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:51 am 

What helped me get over twitches that big (I still occasionally have one into the 7, but almost never into the white) was to learn how to relax as many arm muscles as possible and let the arm suspend on my shoulder muscles. That, and make very, very sure the thumb/index is relaxed before starting the pull.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:06 pm 

Most of you are treating this as if it were a technique problem.

I would classify it as a "brain fart."

I stuck one of my targets on the AP range bulletin board just to mock myself. It consists of four tens and a five. My technique just ain't that BAD!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:33 pm 

I had a 5 in my last match. Everything was going OK, but my 65 year old eyes just checked out right for a sec as the shot broke...

I have a good shot process that will produce nothing by occasional 9's & lots of 10's as long as my brain & body can execute it properly...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:57 pm 

Brrraaapppp!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:09 am 

I shoot similar scores and I have been told you are anticipating the trigger pull.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:26 am 

Hi,
Most of the important points were disused by some of you.
I would like to mention my opinions below.

1. Gripping too hard - the grip pressure should be firm. pressure of shake hand would be too much for air Pistol.
2. Grip pressure increases during trigger squeeze. - do not allow to increase the grip pressure during trigger squeeze.
3. Too much pressure from Thumb could result 3 "O" clock or 2 "O"clock hits. let thumb be rest on the grip.

Above mentioned three areas would damage your performance very badly according to your performance level.
Only a coach can identify your error correctly after watching you shoot.

There are few more areas but you need the assistance of a coach to identify those fine tuning techniques..
Squeeze or "pull", Correct direction of grip pressure, sway,position, timing of the shot process,eyesight (when consider the age).. are some of them.

You can not correct them all at once. you have to correct them one by one. prioritize your errors, select one error, correct it, concentrate and practice it for a longer period of time till it become natural or auto. and now you can move to another error.
but if you shoot alone, you will gradually develop another error with out your knowledge. this is why you need a coach.

Hope my statement would help you..

Good Shooting...

Best Regards
Sagara Wimaladharma

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:46 am 

Rover wrote:
Most of you are treating this as if it were a technique problem.

I would classify it as a "brain fart."

I stuck one of my targets on the AP range bulletin board just to mock myself. It consists of four tens and a five. My technique just ain't that BAD!

Brain flatulence is more prevalent then you may think ....