A New Unit of Time

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
william

A New Unit of Time

Post by william »

This from another thread:

"I just hope I choose something that I will keep liking after 'Rover's month' has come and gone."

Rover's Month is defined as the time it takes, after purchase, for a person to become tired of the item purchased. The duration of Rover's Month extends from the unboxing of a shiny new object until the onset of desire for another shiny new object.

Somebody please tell me how to submit Rover's Month to ISO for acceptance as a recognized international standard.
deadeyedick

Re: A New Unit of Time

Post by deadeyedick »

You will have to include the fact that this "month in time" is not applicable to SSP's.

"The purchase of any brand, model or example of SSP pistol with no consideration to condition immediately imposes a lifetime fascination that will never diminish and requires a religious devotion and obsessive determination to "spread the truth" until the cooling of the sun and the drying of the oceans"
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I've shot a number of SSP's, and owned a Walther LP3 for many years. I have zero desire to get another. I had one of the first Walther CP-1's in the country, and have zero regrets for replacing it with a Morini 162EI.

The problem with "Rover''s month" is that it varies considerably from person to person. I've known some folks where it lasts less than a calendar month. My personal time constant for Walther's is more like 3 or 4 years, and the Morini is over 15 years & still climbing.

YRMMV (Your "Rover's Month may vary...)

On the other hand, a "Rover's second" is much more consistent. That being the time it takes Rover to chime in on almost any thread with a plug for SSP's.
Shooterer

Post by Shooterer »

For some of us, a Rover's Month is a constant thing. I does not have to do with contentment or happiness with the last purchase, it is about the thrill of the hunt.

For me this months "Hunt" is for a pre 1960 Ruger standard pistol with a 4" (ish) barrel 85%+ finish with original box and papers.

After that, the next search will be for another vault.