Times to release

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
rcamiruagaj

Times to release

Post by rcamiruagaj »

A few times ago, I read a post that describe all the times from the desicion to execute the shot up to the Bullet/pellet leave the barrel of your pistol.
Unfortunately I can not find again, and I really interested to study all times included in the process.
If someone has the link or the specific post please share with me.
Thank you and good 10.9
Ramón
bigaaron

Re: Times to release

Post by bigaaron »

Is this maybe what you're talking about
https://www.tenrings.co.uk/tips-and-tricks/

As I read your post again I don't think this is what you're looking for. I think you are looking for the actual time the pellet goes down the barrel I remember seeing that somewhere before my self .
Jon Math

Post by Jon Math »

Way back in college I was taught that with a visual stimuli, with a college aged athletic female, using her finger (not thumb), and the fastest reaction time would be .10 seconds. The average was about .19, but the fastest without jumping the light was .10 seconds. If the timer used a tone the times would be different, if instead of an index finger you used your thumb again the times are different, if you were a man or not an athlete again the times arte different and all would be longer.
So, in theory at least with a college aged athletic female, if you take the .10 second plus the lock time of the pistol that is the absolute fastest a human can send a projectile on it’s way.
If you don’t happen to have a reaction timer handy, there are apps for smart phones. Figure your average reaction time and from the manufacture’s specifications look up the lock time and you can get close to your theoretical best.
Rover

Post by Rover »

You must remember that not only must you factor in your response time, but also the time it takes to recognize what it is that you are trying to do.

All useless! Why? Because you are literally living in the past.

For the shooting game, the ONLY way to get a shot off is to align the sights in the general area you want to hit and then release the shot. It will hit somewhere in your area of hold. The smaller that area, the higher your scores.

Trying to "ambush" the bull as it wanders by is doomed to failure.
Jon Math

Post by Jon Math »

Absolutely right the figures I gave are pure theory, and obtained in lab (i.e. controlled) settings. Releasing a shot to determine your reaction time is measurable science, placing that shot in the 10 is a skill.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

If you absorb only one point then this is it !
rmca

Post by rmca »

Rover wrote:For the shooting game, the ONLY way to get a shot off is to align the sights in the general area you want to hit and then release the shot. It will hit somewhere in your area of hold. The smaller that area, the higher your scores.

+1
Pheyden

Post by Pheyden »

I must remember this line.

""Trying to "ambush" the bull as it wanders by is doomed to failure""

I refer to this as "chasing the bull", but I believe the above phrase is much more descriptive.
Pheyden

Post by Pheyden »

To get back to the original question about transit time from release of trigger to end of barrel/comoensator, Cesare Morini's design concept for the MGH1 pistol dealt precisely with this time frame. The direct air feed feature of this pistol reduced the transit time by some 30-35% according to his research.

In practical terms, I would venture that it makes little difference.