FAS 607 - weak extractor?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jens_ms

Re: FAS 607 - weak extractor?

Post by jens_ms »

I have used mainly SK pistol match in mine, but also some SK standard plus, and didn't notice any difference regarding reliability. The reliability has been flawless for 300-500 rounds, until the firing pin broke.

I have the "magazine seat height screw" (not sure what the correct term is) tightened up so much that I have to press the magazine release button to actually insert the magazine. It seems to work now though, except for the firing pin that is.
SlartyBartFast

Post by SlartyBartFast »

Worked flawlessly for me last night.
Used CCI subsonic hp.
Also, I figured out how to load the magazine without the cartridges jamming on the way in.
Tired and a bit wobbly I managed a high score of 90, so I'll try the same ammo for a while.
- Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory
- FAS SP607
SlartyBartFast

Post by SlartyBartFast »

Just had an OMG discovery. Thought I'd share it with others that might be interested.

A Spanish website that seems to list a whole bunch of FAS spare parts.

http://www.armeriatrelles.com/tienda/in ... =6#/page-2
- FAS SP607
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Does anyone else have trouble opening this site ?
Gregbenner

Post by Gregbenner »

I recently purchased A repair kit for my 602, from Rafael (sp) at Domingo 602 in Italy. I’m not too clever at mix and matching stuff. Good service!
SlartyBartFast

Post by SlartyBartFast »

deadeyedick wrote:Does anyone else have trouble opening this site ?
I can open it no problem.
Gregbenner wrote:I recently purchased A repair kit for my 602, from Rafael (sp) at Domingo 602 in Italy. I’m not too clever at mix and matching stuff. Good service!
Have heard many good things about the service from Domino (http://www.dominoguns.it). Armeriatrelles also sells the kit.
The magazines are cheaper at dominoguns, but they don't list other parts beside the service kit. They might have them if you ask however, because their partslist view does say which parts are unavailable. And the service kit is showing as unavailable.
The Armeriatrelles site lists the extractor/spring/pin as a kit. Which is pertinent to this tread.
- FAS SP607
SlartyBartFast

Post by SlartyBartFast »

Gwhite wrote:If that seems a bit daunting, you can try cleaning the mechanism with aerosol cleaner, and a lot of wiggling of the extractor to help flush out any crud.
Just thought I'd update this thread with my experience. Didn't use aerosol cleaner, but before my first official match ever, I soaked the extractor in CLP and spent a long time pushing and pulling on the extractor while periodically wiping and reapplying CLP with a needle applicator .

Can't say I noticed anything significant coming out of the crevices, but to my surprise and delight the extractor now works. Cases are now ejected reliably and forcefully to my right instead of seemingly anywhere in a 360 degree vertical and horizontal arc.
- FAS SP607
Leon

Post by Leon »

They don't even need an extractor, Functions, and extracts quite perfectly without one.

When I bought my second-hand FAS 602 a few years ago, it came without an extractor fitted and it was only after months of faultless performance, did I acquire one - only to fill the gap in the bolthead - i.e cosmetic purpose only..