LP10E misfire

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
argus

LP10E misfire

Post by argus »

I have been doing a lot of dry firing recently, just triggering to release the solenoid with the action closed not engaging and releasing the striker each time. I have recently started having issues in live fire where occasionally it will take 2 or 3 pulls of the trigger (you can hear the solenoid click each time) to release the shot. First thing I tried was to replace the batteries but no improvement.
Has the dry firing somehow weakened the solenoid?
What if any maintenance/lubrication is recommended for the solenoid?
I also intend to do a complete pull down to inspect / clean / lubricate the firing mechanism but have one question regarding part (80) - Catch Detent on the schematic. Part (81) pressure spring acts on the catch detent (80) and is held in place by a screw (78). Aside from trying to count the number of turns that screw (78) is currently engaged by when disassembling, what is the correct method for setting the load on the pressure spring (81) when I reassemble?
Thanks for your help.
j-team

Re: LP10E misfire

Post by j-team »

argus wrote:What if any maintenance/lubrication is recommended for the solenoid?
There should be absolutely NO lubrication on the solenoid, that much I know!

Can't help with the other bit, on my parts list 80 is the bolt and 81 is the trigger blade. Can't find 79 at all.
argus

Re: LP10E misfire

Post by argus »

j-team wrote:There should be absolutely NO lubrication on the solenoid, that much I know!
Thanks for confirming that.
I must have a different version of the schematic to you.