TargetTalk

A forum to talk about Olympic style shooting, rifle or pistol, 10 meters to 50 meters, and whatever is in between. Hosted by Pilkguns.com
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:13 pm 

Assuming they use the same ranks as bullseye what are the percentages for each rank.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:30 pm 

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=NRA+rule+books

No apologies for the snark. Get a rule book. I'd advise ordering a paper copy in addition to the free download. I was able to help a few fellow competitors escape the Master class and compete in their correct classification at our recent Sectional, because I had a hard copy of the rule book.

Get it. Read it. You owe it to yourself and your fellow competitors.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:40 pm 

AIR PISTOL
Master ........................................................... 93.00 and above
Expert ............................................................... 88.00 to 92.99
Sharpshooter .................................................... 82.00 to 87.99
Marksman ........................................................... Below 82.00

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:50 pm 

john bickar wrote:
I was able to help a few fellow competitors escape the Master class and compete in their correct classification at our recent Sectional

John can you expand on this? Did they want to be down rated because of injury or age or is there something else I have overlooked?

Partnership with USA Shooting.
http://www.usashooting.org/membership/y ... ol-program

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:29 am 

Kind of funny they don't have a High Master. The good news is I'm solidly in the Expert class. I've only had 1 round of 600 in my life in the Master class though.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:16 pm 

SPPcoach wrote:
john bickar wrote:
I was able to help a few fellow competitors escape the Master class and compete in their correct classification at our recent Sectional

John can you expand on this? Did they want to be down rated because of injury or age or is there something else I have overlooked?

If you were shooting Sharpshooter scores would you want to compete against Masters, or Sharpshooters?

These guys were bullseye shooters who didn't have enough matches to have an official classification. NRA international pistol rules allow you to use an "assigned classification" from conventional pistol if you do not have a classification in (e.g.) Standard Pistol.