Positive story on an Indian shooter

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
sparky

Positive story on an Indian shooter

Post by sparky »

http://greatbig.is/2q3QIIp

Older lady from northern India.
Gwhite

Re: Positive story on an Indian shooter

Post by Gwhite »

It is a good story, but the one target they show (at ~ 1:15) coming back didn't look very impressive to me... It's a bit hard to see, but it looks like an 80/100.

I have to wonder if that was just rushed for the story, or if it's representative of the level of competition she's been facing. I assume it's not a typical target, but then I don't understand why they didn't show a better one.
madmax

Post by madmax »

What a ballsy Granny - full marks to her!!!!!

So what if she shoots 80's? Still gives her 320+ average, which is quite admirable for someone her age.
Be critical, but how many 80 year olds in your club can beat that?

Ballsy - you bet.
Look at her cultural background. Men do this, women do that - and don't dare cross over. She did at 65.
Look at her actively promoting pistol shooting to the young women in her village, again stepping out of established behavior.

Cheer her on - she deserves every accolade that comes her way.
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

I Agee!

Chip
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Badly torn holes that look more the work of a pump gun rather than an LP10 or Morini.
Good to see age not as restrictive as some would believe.
ASA

Post by ASA »

With my LP10 I had similar fuzzy holes and the sound of a shot became a feeble "ssht" over time. The precision did not change however. I sent it to Steyr for repair. They replaced a seal and adjusted the velocity.
It is now slightly more air hungry - still the air supply is good for ca. 140 shots. The holes are sharp again and the sound recovered to a healthy bang (for an air pistol at least).
zanemoseley

Post by zanemoseley »

I gotta admit I was thinking the same thing as Gwhite when I saw the video, not the most impressive target. I'm sure she shot better in her 60's. Impressive she started shooting when she did in the social situations she grew up in.
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

It doesn't matter what her scores are. She has won medals -good for her! How many of us or our parents have the guts to do what she's doing? And she's recruiting young women to the sport, inspiring by example! How many of us can claim to have done that?
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I did not in any way mean to diminish her accomplishments. I suspect all the medals were back in her younger days, like when she was only in her 60's & 70's... It look like now she is devoting her time to helping younger women get into the sport, which is great.

I just expected the video to show a more impressive target. I suspect they were rushing through the filming & didn't take time to let her shoot at her best. They also must have used cheap target paper. Still a great video, and only those really in-the-know would notice the odd bits.
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

Right; I see your point. I think we all do agree that this lady is admirable. I hope I can be inspiring to somebody when I'm her age.