Trace system

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
TraceUser

Re: Trace system

Post by TraceUser »

The silence from the Trace team is truly deafening, I assume because it is now lawyers at 50 paces with Scatt (hopefully the Trace lawyer was not training with a Trace system).
Ruig hit the nail on the head, the cheap housing and second rate mounting I can live with but the trace/rendering not being smooth with wild deviations and sawtooth effect make the device of limited use.
If I was still in the 14 day refund period mine would go straight back but I trusted their word that improvements would be made.
For all their friendly banter and quick responses while trying to make a sale the Trace teams response to its users on this issue is a disgrace.
Valērijs when will your poor users have a real response from Trace???
TerryHunter

Post by TerryHunter »

Last week accidentaly met a friend at Bisley, who is a computer nerd and actually owns a trace trainer. While we discussed the accuracy issues he made some tests over the weekend to show the precision and sent me this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvmByaHLhHg

From his feedback - he had some struggle with the initial setup, but once the setings are adjusted the system operates well and is happy about it.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

That is a very nice test, but I think there may be a speed issue. The test operates at a much slower pace than any wobble I've ever seen behind my sights. The jagged results seen in the SCATT video look like an update rate problem, where it can't follow the motion fast enough. I suppect it was first developed for rifle, where the wobble may be slower due to the larger inertia involved.

In any event, maybe he can re-run the test at a faster speed.
rmca

Post by rmca »

Gwhite wrote:That is a very nice test, but I think there may be a speed issue. The test operates at a much slower pace than any wobble I've ever seen behind my sights. The jagged results seen in the SCATT video look like an update rate problem, where it can't follow the motion fast enough. I suppect it was first developed for rifle, where the wobble may be slower due to the larger inertia involved.

In any event, maybe he can re-run the test at a faster speed.
+1
Elmas

Post by Elmas »

[quote="TerryHunter"]Have anyone used both SCATT Basic and TRACE ? I am ready to purchase one of these but I need some more facts to back up my decision which of them would be the best fit in my case.

What I need :
1) system that performs at min distance 4m;
2) system with easy set up;
3) system that is not overloaded with complicated data and can give me easy understandable information
-

*) System that does away with cables and uses Bluetooth communication . Cumbersome cables are archaic.

Elmas
scatt_manufacturer

Post by scatt_manufacturer »

TerryHunter wrote:Last week accidentaly met a friend at Bisley, who is a computer nerd and actually owns a trace trainer. While we discussed the accuracy issues he made some tests over the weekend to show the precision and sent me this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvmByaHLhHg

From his feedback - he had some struggle with the initial setup, but once the setings are adjusted the system operates well and is happy about it.
Terry please ask your friend to run the same test with a 10m rifle target instead of the much bigger 10m pistol target, you will probably see a far worse picture. And if he tries the 50m rifle target you will barely even see a circular shape with the TRACE system.
And also, like I said before SCATT is ready to perform a comparison, open to public, with series of automated performance, speed and accuracy tests at any major international shooting competition.
scatt_manufacturer

Post by scatt_manufacturer »

Gwhite wrote:I hadn't seen the SCATT Basic before. It looks like it uses the same idea as the Trace system (video camera instead of dedicated optics), but is a bit more hgh end, at least in terms of construction. I'll be interested to hear some hands-on feedback. The price is certainly much better than the regular SCATT or a Noptel system, and the setup should be much simpler. No sensors or reflectors downrange in case you want to live fire.

They claim it is good for up to "mid-level" shooters, so I suspect the accuracy isn't as good as the dedicated optics systems. I would think it could be pretty precise at 10 meters, but may suffer at 50 meters.

Please let us know what you think of the system!
Gwhite, SCATT MX-02 system is a camera based system that was on the market long before the TRACE. So SCATT definitely doesn't use any TRACE ideas, they don't have any ideas SCATT would want, since their ideas were mostly "borrowed" from SCATT.

The difference between SCATT Basic and other SCATT systems lies not in the accuracy, but rather simpler and less sophisticated software with fewer targets and types of analysis. It is precise for both 10m and 50m.
rasty_ryan

Post by rasty_ryan »

First tryout and first inpressiions: had a bit struggle with set-up until received advice from seller. After that went pretty easy.
Tried 10m distance. So far so good. Not quite clear about all possiblities in filter section but will get to that.
Next is to try live at shooting range. Only thing seller forgot to tell me they have special price since monday so bought for full price.
Attachments
2017-07-20 12.56.19.jpg
2017-07-20 12.56.03.jpg
2017-07-20 12.56.03.jpg (37.61 KiB) Viewed 2992 times
2017-07-20 12.55.50.jpg
sochan

Post by sochan »

rasty_ryan wrote:First tryout and first inpressiions: had a bit struggle with set-up until received advice from seller. After that went pretty easy.
Tried 10m distance. So far so good. Not quite clear about all possiblities in filter section but will get to that.
Next is to try live at shooting range. Only thing seller forgot to tell me they have special price since monday so bought for full price.
trace is special price now in website for 520 EUR!!! i buy one with special price, practise is good
TerryHunter

Post by TerryHunter »

How long does delivery take (approx) and how much it costs ?
rasty_ryan wrote:First tryout and first inpressiions: had a bit struggle with set-up until received advice from seller. After that went pretty easy.
rasty_ryan

Post by rasty_ryan »

Does any one has tried trace routines? There are several exercises but need advise on setup.
Attachments
routines_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
TRACE OFFICIAL

Post by TRACE OFFICIAL »

rasty_ryan wrote:Does any one has tried trace routines? There are several exercises but need advise on setup.
Dear rasty_ryan,

TRACE Routines are game like exercises, which allow you to practise the fundamentals of your shooting technique with hold and aiming stability being one of them. You can check how it works in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wywUp4mj9_g
If you have any further questions about our product, please do not hesitate to contact us via hello@traceshooting.com.

Best Regards,
TRACE Shooting Team
wiljohn245

Post by wiljohn245 »

Have been using one for the last 6 months for 3P rifle home practise and would highly recomend.
BR,
John
Azmodan

Post by Azmodan »

got myself a Trace electronic trainer
and made a short video presentation about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLASfH1EcN4

bottom line: i cannot say much about how accurate it is (even though when shooting live pellets on paper, the groups looked nothing alike) but the software is a real letdown - very few information displayed.
Airpistol: Feinwerkbau 100 / Feinwerkbau P8X
STP: Walther GSP 22
CFP: Walther GSP 32
Freepistol: TOZ-35
PPC: CZ Shadow 2
PCC: Nova Modul CTS9