App to practice any ISSF pistol event

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
phertzog

App to practice any ISSF pistol event

Post by phertzog »

Shootwatch has been updated and now enables you to practice any ISSF pistol event without a coach, notably finals and 25m events. Shootwatch is an app for iOS mobile devices which provides you with official audible commands for all olympic—and some non-olympic—shooting events. You will feel as if a Range Officer was right there with you. The app contains:
  • Instructions for rifle and pistol events, including finals!!!
  • Timings and commands strictly following the official ISSF rules.
  • Available languages are English, French and German; the language for the commands can be selected independently from the language of the app.
Shootwatch is available in the Apple App Store and you can get it by clicking here.
JFuller

Re: App to practice any ISSF pistol event

Post by JFuller »

Android next please.
400driver

Post by 400driver »

How about a timing training option? For example during a 10 second standard shoot, a series of beeps at the ideal times to help with timing the 5 shots! Shoot to the beeps.
madmax

Post by madmax »

There are a myriad of training / technical resources on the Target Shooting Canada website (www.targetshooting.ca).

Follow the "Document Library" link. There are audio files you can download for all the ISSF disciplines.
The whole site is worth looking through. Training resources, interviews with international shooters, videos.

Never stop learning - no matter what level you are at!!!!!!!!!

Max.
400driver

Post by 400driver »

Thats where I got the idea! Love that site.
xman1981

Post by xman1981 »

This is script for dry training http://www.kimla.de/trening/
For me, the best to exercise at home.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

xman1981 wrote:This is script for dry training http://www.kimla.de/trening/.
Aren't the aiming (blue 30s) and trigger (green 10s) phases back to front, or am I missing something? Also the blue phase only lasts for 20s despite showing 30s in the box.

Bob
xman1981

Post by xman1981 »

Holding time (blue phase in seconds) contains the trigger time (green phase in seconds) so first is green phase and only after that is blue phase. The sum of the blue and green phases gives you holding time.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

xman1981 wrote:Holding time (blue phase in seconds) contains the trigger time (green phase in seconds) so first is green phase and only after that is blue phase. The sum of the blue and green phases gives you holding time.
So basically it is prep 30s, holding/triggering 30s and resting 30s (or whatever time intervals you put in the boxes). Why bother to split the holding and triggering? Why not just prep 30s, holding/triggering 30s followed by resting 30s and repeat n times?

I still think the holding and triggering coloured phases should be reversed as you only trigger (plus follow though) after holding.

Or am I again missing something?

I like the "masakra" which seems to omit the blue phase. Good training tool.

Bob
xman1981

Post by xman1981 »

I understand it this way that first you are aiming and pulling the trigger so the greeen phase is first and after that you continue to aim and hold the gun that is why the blue phase is second.

"Masakra" = massacre, it is for guys who do not have time for the entire program, You have to feel the pain.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

Pity the app is not downloadable for use off-line.

Bob