Is this trigger blade legal?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
DFWdude

Is this trigger blade legal?

Post by DFWdude »

Advertised on this website as a trigger blade sitting on a ball joint, so that the blade conforms to the finger.
http://www.mec-shot.de/en/products/acce ... rigger-ii/

Back in the day, I made one of these myself, to include a removable anvil behind the trigger blade to stabilize it when presenting the pistol to inspection for trigger pull measurement. Remove the anvil to shoot. But I was always unsure (both then and now) whether it was allowed.

hundert

Re: Is this trigger blade legal?

Post by hundert »

yes, I've seen them on air rifles. The ball joint is simply to rotate the shoe, after you've found your position, you tighten it and it doesn't move
rmca

Post by rmca »

In the ISSF rules there are no restrictions on trigger shape or dimensions, as long as the pistol fits the box.

One thing you should be careful, specially if you set your trigger very close to the 500g (or 1000g), is that it's very easy to place the test weight in a groove that's not the middle one...
And that can lead to disqualification, or at least, an avoidable "bonding" moment with the equipment jury! ;)

Hop this helps
DFWdude

Post by DFWdude »

I just took this picture of my 25 year-old swivel trigger design. The swivel is taken from a ball-joint control line connector for an radio control airplane. Either think outside the box, or live your life confined within one.
Attachments
Swivel-Trigger-Shoe.jpg
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

Interesting concept though I'm not sure of the benefit. Doesn't/didn't the additional movement in the blade make the trigger release feel a bit "vague"?

I'd have thought that once you found your preferred position it would have been better to fix it.

Bob
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Don't expect to be allowed to change the trigger for equipment control. It must be tested exactly as yo shoot it.
DFWdude

Post by DFWdude »

David Levene wrote:Don't expect to be allowed to change the trigger for equipment control. It must be tested exactly as yo shoot it.
Exactly, and fairly so. That's the reason I didn't pursue it.

In reading about this newer trigger, I thought the rule had changed, permitting a swivel joint. But if it too, is locked in placed for shooting, then it's not the same as my design.
BobGee wrote:Interesting concept though I'm not sure of the benefit. Doesn't/didn't the additional movement in the blade make the trigger release feel a bit "vague"?
Actually, the feeling was not vague at all. More like balancing the finger on a pin head, similar to a Free Pistol button trigger. The key was to position the ball joint on the center of the finger, so that it would pull directly backwards. Positioned higher or lower then it was a bit "tippy" indeed.
PFribley

Post by PFribley »

90 euros. MEC thinks ighly of that blade!!!
william

Post by william »

PFribley wrote:90 euros. MEC thinks ighly of that blade!!!
And I thought €64 for the TEC-HRO unit was nuts!