P44 Scope mount???

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
xfps

P44 Scope mount???

Post by xfps »

Does anyone know of anyone that can make a scope mount off the weight block rails for a P44?
High Left

Re: P44 Scope mount???

Post by High Left »

Possibly. Are you thinking of clamping to the rails so you can move it? Or removing the rails and mounting directly to the frame? With the rails attached only at the rear, moving the scope forward could be a problem with losing zero if it gets bumped.

It looks geometrically similar to my P8X. Although it attaches weights differently, to a shroud on the barrel, the same radiused pockets and screw holes are present in the frame. If the dimensions are the same, I could think about it a bit and play with a design.

Measurement of mine suggests the rods are 8mm (.315") diameter, and dimension over the outside is 31.75mm (1.250"). And the M3 screws are angled up a bit.

What kind of sight are you thinking of?
DGIDE

Post by DGIDE »

I used the base sold by Pyramid Air Guns that fits the Baikal air pistol, had my son-in-law run down it with a rotary mill bit and clamp it on the barrel of the P44. It also fits on an old FWB C-20 CO2 pistol. Works great.
xfps

Post by xfps »

Unread post by High Left » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:59 pm
Possibly. Are you thinking of clamping to the rails so you can move it? Or removing the rails and mounting directly to the frame? With the rails attached only at the rear, moving the scope forward could be a problem with losing zero if it gets bumped.

It looks geometrically similar to my P8X. Although it attaches weights differently, to a shroud on the barrel, the same radiused pockets and screw holes are present in the frame. If the dimensions are the same, I could think about it a bit and play with a design.

Measurement of mine suggests the rods are 8mm (.315") diameter, and dimension over the outside is 31.75mm (1.250"). And the M3 screws are angled up a bit.

What kind of sight are you thinking of?
Top.
Would like A weaver mount or 10mm rail , something I can add a pistol scope or red dot to.