Nice teaching from an old friend

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
seamaster

Nice teaching from an old friend

Post by seamaster »

Chia

Re: Nice teaching from an old friend

Post by Chia »

Thank you for sharing that. I learned a fair bit and I've only watched the first one. It's one thing to read, another to watch and learn.
Kifsif

Post by Kifsif »

The lectures are nice. There is a whole cycle there.

But as far as I can understand, putting the feet parallel to each other is a more modern methodology. In bygone days they taught us to put our feet at shoulder length. And at the natural angle of the feet.

But now the couches tend towards parallel feet. It is not a dogma. But some trend.

Reason: minimal forward and backward wobbling of the body. For example, if you try to put your feet in one line, that would result in maximum wobbling.
Last edited by Kifsif on Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

Eww, vertical video.
Image Image
Aryank

Post by Aryank »

Thank you for sharing the video !! Great inputs !!
400driver

Post by 400driver »

Nice video.
One question...what is the thinking on lifting the arm above the target and lowering verses lift into the target zone , which is what seems to happen in these videos?
Thanks
bootneckbob

Post by bootneckbob »

Thanks for sharing. As has been said already they are very useful to watch although I've only had a quick viewing at the moment. I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of others regarding the questions already posed on this thread.
I've only been shooting pistol for a couple of seasons and I've been keeping my feet side on in line with the target until a couple of weeks ago when I either went back too or tried the weaver stance and I found my natural alignment was so much better so I've stuck with it for the last few shoots and both times put in 544 PB.
Also the second point about raising the pistol above the target and dropping on to the target, or raising to it. I've always gone above for target shooting, but when in the military I shot coming up (obviously this is quicker and the targets not obscured). At the club I shoot at we have a mix of people shooting both ways.

I think this is a great forum by the way!
400driver

Post by 400driver »

Will there be more videos in the series? It's been over a year since the last one.
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

Great series of videos!