TargetTalk

A forum to talk about Olympic style shooting, rifle or pistol, 10 meters to 50 meters, and whatever is in between. Hosted by Pilkguns.com
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:41 am 

Found this in neighbour topic http://www.pilkguns.com/anatoli2-shtml/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:00 pm 

I have made a list of topics I discuss with my shooters (some of them bigger, like lectures; some smaller, like 2 sentences), and the number was 73; plus 10 elements of the shot, which can be discussed each separately if needed and 23 what I call "creative" exercises, both physical and mental (imagination)... Add to it discussion of the training plans, shooters' progress and their own questions; and I get a lot to talk about ;-)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:01 am 

Hi. What makes me different from other coaches... It's not only my own 20 years of experience in shooting (and winning medals) at all types of international tournaments... It is my husband Anatoly Babushkin's 40 years of coaching experience in 7 countries starting from the Soviet Union. He is a Merited Coach of the Soviet Union and Kazakhstan. His shooters won medals at Olympic, Commonwealth, Asian Games, World Championships and Cups, etc. Vladimir Vokhmyanin, Vladimir Guscha, Alexey Klimov, Lalita Yauhleuskaya, Daniel Repacholi and myself ;-) to name the few... So whatever has been tried and tested back in 70-80s (because most of shooting traditions and classical textbooks appeared then) - he knows; whatever methods of training have been developed - he knows; whatever exercises work - he knows. And so do I...
I also worked with some other coaches and psychologists, and basically what you get is a summary of the methods, techniques and practices which over the time proved to be right. For example, some of you know how much I like the so called "written recall" exercise. I've got it from Efim Khaidurov - the constructor of FWB AW93; "Control the Controllables" and "What you think is what you get" theories I've got from psychologist Peter Terry with whom I worked here in Australia; got familiar with "Categories of brainwave frequencies" at the seminar of Dr. Michel Gagne in Singapore; learnt relaxation and visualisation techniques in early 90s from professor Vladimir Sopov, etc...
Another unique aspect of me, I suppose, is that I've been working in both full-time and part-time shooting environments. Therefore I know how professionals work but try to adopt such methods to the amateurs. It seems to me that it's kind of easy to work with full-time shooters as they will eventually progress, but those who cannot afford to dedicate that much time to the sport and have to juggle dozen of other commitments, require a little bit different approach.
I think that I've priced my lessons in a way not to take money immediately and overload you with a bunch of theory, but to develop long lasting relationship with the shooters in order to monitor them for a longer amount of time, as nothing works fast in shooting. So, feel free to inquire as I still have few morning time slots for Western hemisphere (your evening is my morning).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:14 am 

Thought of the day: My job is to fix the "software" in your head and your job is to upgrade your "hardware"... The fact that I have a detailed knowledge of the shot process becomes just a useful attachment ;-)