TargetTalk

A forum to talk about Olympic style shooting, rifle or pistol, 10 meters to 50 meters, and whatever is in between. Hosted by Pilkguns.com
It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Supported Air Pistol
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:20 am 

In the Netherlands we also shoot air rifle and air pistol supported. We follow the German rules with the only difference being the age: 55 to 65 years we call class Veterans-1; 65 and up we call class Veterans-2. It is also used for juniors under 15 years of age. Attached 2 pictures of the support as regulated by our national association (KNSA).
The air rifle must be supported with the for end of the stock, the pistol must be supported with the bottom of the grip. The support takes carries the weight of the gun. With a rifle you need as much mass as possible at the front of the rifle, otherwise it will slip down from the shoulder. The correct position is standing aprox 30 degrees turned away from the target in stead of 90 degrees from the target (see the site of Heinz Reinkemeier). It is much more difficult than it seems, the support causes an angular displacement of the gun over the target instead of a parallel displacement like in free standing.
Try it and you will be amazed how difficult it is to hit a 10.

Albert T
(The Netherlands)

Post subject: Re: Supported Air Pistol
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:00 pm 

Albert T wrote:
In the Netherlands we also shoot air rifle and air pistol supported. We follow the German rules with the only difference being the age: 55 to 65 years we call class Veterans-1; 65 and up we call class Veterans-2. It is also used for juniors under 15 years of age. Attached 2 pictures of the support as regulated by our national association (KNSA).
The air rifle must be supported with the for end of the stock, the pistol must be supported with the bottom of the grip. The support takes carries the weight of the gun. With a rifle you need as much mass as possible at the front of the rifle, otherwise it will slip down from the shoulder. The correct position is standing aprox 30 degrees turned away from the target in stead of 90 degrees from the target (see the site of Heinz Reinkemeier). It is much more difficult than it seems, the support causes an angular displacement of the gun over the target instead of a parallel displacement like in free standing.
Try it and you will be amazed how difficult it is to hit a 10.

Albert T
(The Netherlands)
Good to hear from someone actually participating in this.

Here in the US, I would like to see 40-shots instead of 30. Simply because I would like to shoot 4 series instead of just 3. (Just getting into the match by the time 30 flashes by.)

30-40 shots is still different (not comparable) to the regular 60-shot match for others, which makes sense. And the mixed gender status matters not a single bit to me. Since I'm already shooting less than the sharp-eyed youngsters, I won't mind shooting with the gals. I'm not Italian/European, but over 60, so I'm well enough adjusted not to fear that my manhood is in jeopardy.