Grip Size Marking?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Jon Math

Grip Size Marking?

Post by Jon Math »

I purchased a used LP10. The factory grip fits me really well. The original owner has no idea what the grip size was/is. I was wondering if they mark grips or if not what is the best way to determine what size I have.
Mtl_Biker

Re: Grip Size Marking?

Post by Mtl_Biker »

Jon Math wrote:I purchased a used LP10. The factory grip fits me really well. The original owner has no idea what the grip size was/is. I was wondering if they mark grips or if not what is the best way to determine what size I have.
Isn't there a letter stamped on the bottom of the grip? Both my first EVO-10 Compact and now my EVO-10 Regular, medium right-hand grips had/have an "M" stamped in the base.
AA S510 Xtra FAC Ultimate Sporter *CARBINE* .22
CZ200S "Green" .177
Feinwerkbau 800 Evolution Top
AA S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Weihrauch HW50S .22
hundert

Post by hundert »

older ones sometimes didn't have any markings, my LP5 I remember had nothing on it.

to answer your question, there isn't a way, one M grip from the same model feels different from another grip, otherwise absolutely identically looking grips. To complicate things further, if you take production from different years, they are completely different.

take a picture
Jon Math

Post by Jon Math »

Thank you both for the insights.

It is not stamped on the exterior.

Too bad hearing this. I’ve always used large grips, but I suspect this might be a med or even small, and I really love the fit. It’s a Morini I believe. I need to restock a Benelli that I recently purchased that came with very nice Bulls Eye legal but not ISSF legal grips. I'd like the same grip as this AP has.
ABerryhill

Post by ABerryhill »

I can help you with that grip you're looking for your Benelli. One of the services I offer is 3d-scanning of your current grip and putting a 3d-printed copy of it on whatever gun you'd like. With a composite wood filament for the new grip, it will feel just like your original. I can even make adjustments to the grip after scanning that leaves the main part of it intact but adds or subtracts features like upsweeps and thumb shelves that NRA rules allow but ISSF doesn't. Take a look at my site, PrecisionTargetPistolGrips.com, for more information.

Thanks,

Andrew
Jon Math

Post by Jon Math »

LOL you have my Benelli grip in your shop right now. The Horton that your mating to the K38 :D