Matchguns MG2

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
lg2011

Matchguns MG2

Post by lg2011 »

Hello Matchguns MG2 owners,
I need your advice. I have an older model of an MG2. I wanted to pull the barrel out and I started by removing the 3 screws. However as I pulled it out about half an inch it stopped. There's something blocking it or preventing it to be pulled. Can you please tell what I should do. Thank you.
LG from California USA.
David Levene

Re: Matchguns MG2

Post by David Levene »

I don't know if it's the same on the MG2 but this used to be a problem on the FAS 601/602/603/607.

The constant hammering of the slide closing on the breech end of the barrel would make it swell a tiny amount with the result that it became extremely difficult to pull the barrel out of the top section.

The cure was to just run a file around the last 1-2mm of the barrel, breaking the sharp corner. This was done at the factory on some barrels.

If this wasn't done then, eventually, only brute force (and luck) would allow the barrel to be removed.

As I say, I don't know if it's the same on the MG2 but barrel removal was a necessary part of regular cleaning on the FAS. The problem was therefore normally spotted fairly early.
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

David I have seen a similar fault on an older model Matchgun, friend of mine has two of them. The older one has insufficient barrel hardness and the chamber end of the barrel has peened over like a rivet, occasionally it needs to be squared up with a file.

His new one has a good barrel, but recently broke a slide costing him a Medal match going from Gold -> Bronze after two malfunctions in finals. :-(
Image Image
lg2011

Post by lg2011 »

I will give it a try. Thanks. LG
lg2011

Post by lg2011 »

I got it out. Thank you very much. LG