Inexpensive Toz 35M: legit?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Houngan

Inexpensive Toz 35M: legit?

Post by Houngan »

I came across this:

http://www.wholesalehunter.com/product. ... d=11158447

Which seems like a very good price based on what transpires in the Classifieds, but then I know nothing about free pistols. What gotchas do you see here?
Chia

Re: Inexpensive Toz 35M: legit?

Post by Chia »

Available quantity: 208!? Good lord. That's an odd coincidence with the Hammerli Model 208, a sport pistol.

I can't speak to the honesty of the post, but you should factor in that unless you're an expert woodworker, you will need to purchase a new grip.

Hopefully someone more versed in the TOZs than me will be along shortly.
Houngan

Post by Houngan »

Chia wrote:Available quantity: 208!? Good lord. That's an odd coincidence with the Hammerli Model 208, a sport pistol.

I can't speak to the honesty of the post, but you should factor in that unless you're an expert woodworker, you will need to purchase a new grip.

Hopefully someone more versed in the TOZs than me will be along shortly.
Meh, I'm left handed so a new grip was always in the picture.
sparky

Post by sparky »

Probably legit. There are a whole lot of surplus Toz-35s out there, and with the elimination of free pistol from the Olympics, I'm betting free pistol prices are going to fall off a cliff, and new free pistol availability to come to a screeching halt.
SlartyBartFast

Post by SlartyBartFast »

sparky wrote:Probably legit. There are a whole lot of surplus Toz-35s out there, and with the elimination of free pistol from the Olympics, I'm betting free pistol prices are going to fall off a cliff, and new free pistol availability to come to a screeching halt.
Running target is still alive as an ISSF event despite it not being in the Olympics...

Now, if surplus pistols are available and reasonably priced, time to get clubs to invest and encourage more men and women to compete.
- Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory
- FAS SP607
sparky

Post by sparky »

SlartyBartFast wrote:
sparky wrote:Probably legit. There are a whole lot of surplus Toz-35s out there, and with the elimination of free pistol from the Olympics, I'm betting free pistol prices are going to fall off a cliff, and new free pistol availability to come to a screeching halt.
Running target is still alive as an ISSF event despite it not being in the Olympics...

Now, if surplus pistols are available and reasonably priced, time to get clubs to invest and encourage more men and women to compete.
Right, and if you think it's hard to find a 10m Air Pistol match or 50m Free Pistol match in North America, trying to find an Running Target match will make them seem as common as sand at a beach.
yana

Post by yana »

Imo, thats even too expensive.
Here, there's absolutely NO market for free pistols. They go for about E150 (old Toz)
hundert

Post by hundert »

in bad condition, in good, you'll have to pay around 300 for a TOZ in Germany, and even more for the one with a morini grip, but I've never seen one above 400.

the prices in US however, is a whole another story
Christopher Miceli

Post by Christopher Miceli »

I'm a lefty and picked up someone's right hand TOZ. The screw used to position the trigger is in on the left....not sure if it would affect the trigger finger.
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

Yes, there are a bunch of these available from a number of sources. They got as low at about $400 at Cheaper than Dirt about a year and a half ago. They're $474.54 at Cheaper than Dirt also, and CtD has cheap flat-rate shipping. People are still trying to sell them for $800 on GunBroker. I bought two (one to experiment with a "Bobbed Toz") and they are new in box. Assuming you get old finished Toz grips or Rink or Morini grips you'll probably have to do a little surgery to get them to fit on the frame.
divingin

Post by divingin »

About the same price as a shop in Washington State (sorry, don't recall the name), but their ad said they didn't ship, so it did me no good.

jky