Custom wood grips USA?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Christopher Miceli

Custom wood grips USA?

Post by Christopher Miceli »

Anyone in the states do custom wood grips for free,air centerfire ? Like Moroni or Rink...but you know in the USA. Someone at the Olympic training center? At major matches? Someone at AMU?
Xman

Re: Custom wood grips USA?

Post by Xman »

Try here. He has a lot of thumbs up here at TT. Good website, great prices too! you have an option of a wood and other material. They are made by 3'D printing. check it out..Say xman sent you.

Steve

http://www.precisiontargetpistolgrips.com/
Rover

Post by Rover »

Give this guy a call. He bought the business from Arnie.

Vitarbo Target Grips
165 Rincon Lp Rd
Tijeras, NM 87059
Phone: (505) 228-5231
PFribley

Post by PFribley »

Also there is Dick Horton and Randall Fung.
sparky

Post by sparky »

Dick Horton isn't cheap, but he does excellent work. He made a Rapid Fire grip for my Walther OSP that fit great. He has you send in a tracing of your hand and carves the grip to fit. He also tends to use beautiful wood. If you google his name, you'll see some of his work.

If I didn't have Rink grips, I'd go with Dick Horton.
Dipnet

Post by Dipnet »

Ditto on Horton grips: beautiful and they fit well (horton1@charter.net); see image below. dipnet
Attachments
Horton SPBE grip-R&Lview.jpg
SlartyBartFast

Post by SlartyBartFast »

Damn, all this talk of grips and the beautiful pictures has me lusting after target grips for my pistol.

Just emailed Rink to see if they plan on offering grips for the SW22. They offer them for the M22A and Ruger MkIII, so why not?

Why spend 150$US on Volquarsen grips when I can spend 249€ (afterall, I'll need to be ISSF and Bullseye compliant, and I'll have to find someone to make an extended magazine release) on Rink grips. My decent into insanity and overspending begins. :p
Last edited by SlartyBartFast on Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory
- FAS SP607
Rover

Post by Rover »

I love seeing someone with the rare firm grasp on reality here on TT.
Dipnet

Post by Dipnet »

Rover,
Why use pictures when reality will suffices...dipnet
AlexFromPardini

Post by AlexFromPardini »

We make custom Grips at Pardini..we make it not for comfort though, our main goal is to align the gun for you so you can shoot even with closed eyes (NOT RECOMMENDED only DRY FIRE) xD

Then if you want a piece made from wood it can be done as well.

What exactly are you looking for from the grip? If you are at camp perry or USAS Nationals we can show you what we mean? I can send you some pictures if necessary to show you what we have.
Alexander Chichkov
USA Shooting Team
sparky

Post by sparky »

SlartyBartFast wrote:Damn, all this talk of grips and the beautiful pictures has me lusting after target grips for my pistol.

Just emailed Rink to see if they plan on offering grips for the SW22. They offer them for the M22A and Ruger MkIII, so why not?

Why spend 150$US on Volquarsen grips when I can spend 249€ (afterall, I'll need to be ISSF and Bullseye compliant, and I'll have to find someone to make an extended magazine release) on Rink grips. My decent into insanity and overspending begins. :p
Rink grips are *much* cheaper than that. More like 155 Euro + shipping...remember, out of EU sales don't incur the 19% VAT.
SlartyBartFast

Post by SlartyBartFast »

sparky wrote:Rink grips are *much* cheaper than that. More like 155 Euro + shipping...remember, out of EU sales don't incur the 19% VAT.
http://www.formgriffe.de/en/shpSR.php?s ... 400&p2=255

Okay, I forgot to remove the VAT.
Grips: 155.46€
Bullseye palm rest: 53.78€

Total: 209.24€ + shipping

Not what I'd consider "*much* cheaper".
- FAS SP607
sparky

Post by sparky »

SlartyBartFast wrote:
sparky wrote:Rink grips are *much* cheaper than that. More like 155 Euro + shipping...remember, out of EU sales don't incur the 19% VAT.
http://www.formgriffe.de/en/shpSR.php?s ... 400&p2=255

Okay, I forgot to remove the VAT.
Grips: 155.46€
Bullseye palm rest: 53.78€

Total: 209.24€ + shipping

Not what I'd consider "*much* cheaper".
You don't really need the bullseye palm rest...you can just run with the ISSF palm rest...155.46+shipping. If you order more than one grip (maybe get together with some friends to order some) you can defray some of the shipping costs on a per grip basis. IIRC, Dick Horton charges around $235+$15 shipping (in the U.S.)
SlartyBartFast

Post by SlartyBartFast »

sparky wrote:You don't really need the bullseye palm rest...you can just run with the ISSF palm rest...155.46+shipping.
But I'll never know if I like it unless I try it...

All this discussion is moot. Grips aren't made for my pistol yet.
- FAS SP607
Christopher Miceli

Post by Christopher Miceli »

I need lefty grips for my hammerli p240s. Rinks are non adjustable palm rest for my model. I'll get a hold of Horton
Cheapshot

Post by Cheapshot »

+1 for Andrew @ precision Target Grips. He can make pretty much anything in 3D on his CAD. I would highly recommend you give him a call if you think your gun has no grips out yet, he may just be able to hook ya up, and his price is right.

David