First AP match

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Christopher Miceli

First AP match

Post by Christopher Miceli »

Picked up my first air pistol yesterday (fwb p44) showed up to my first match today and got some air. After sighting in... shot a 502 in the match . Gotta play with grip angles...had to fight the gun(front sight was always really low) a lot to keep the sights level.
Also gotta play with trigger position and travel. All in all was a good time and glad I purchased one. Shot more 7s than 10s but gotta get the hang of this thing
Mtl_Biker

Re: First AP match

Post by Mtl_Biker »

Christopher Miceli wrote:Picked up my first air pistol yesterday (fwb p44) showed up to my first match today and got some air. After sighting in... shot a 502 in the match . Gotta play with grip angles...had to fight the gun(front sight was always really low) a lot to keep the sights level.
Also gotta play with trigger position and travel. All in all was a good time and glad I purchased one. Shot more 7s than 10s but gotta get the hang of this thing
That sounds pretty good! First air pistol, first match one day later and you shot 502??? From where I stand, that's pretty darn good.

You say it's your first air pistol... surely you have other pistol experience? Either that or you're a natural.
AA S510 Xtra FAC Ultimate Sporter *CARBINE* .22
CZ200S "Green" .177
Feinwerkbau 800 Evolution Top
AA S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Weihrauch HW50S .22
Christopher Miceli

On and off bullseye for past 2 years
Gwelo

Post by Gwelo »

Christopher Miceli wrote:On and off bullseye for past 2 years
A Christopher Miceli from Anchorage, Ak was the collegiate champion at the 2016 Camp Perry National Pistol Championships. Coincidence?
Rover

Post by Rover »

Damn guineas are everywhere.
Christopher Miceli

Gwelo wrote:
A Christopher Miceli from Anchorage, Ak was the collegiate champion at the 2016 Camp Perry National Pistol Championships. Coincidence?

same dude just out of VA now.
Gwelo

Post by Gwelo »

Christopher Miceli wrote:
Gwelo wrote:

same dude just out of VA now.

Congratulations! I'm sure your AP and BE scores will continue to improve.
Pheyden

Post by Pheyden »

Christopher, if you would like some additional "match oractice", have a look at the 10 Meter Pistol Competition League on Facebook. I administer this year long competition and we have a nice internnational group of shooters. They range young to old ( or ancient), male or Female, befinner to advanced. All are welcome. Let me know if there are any questions that I can answer, and one of the neat parts is the competition is free.
Christopher Miceli

fired another match the day after my first match, was a 40 shot finished out with 348/400.
Houngan

Post by Houngan »

First match since picking AP back up in December, 532. Of the three 20 shot targets, I finally relaxed on the last one and was making good trigger breaks. Definitely a big change from home.