MP-46M and Scatt

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Kifsif

MP-46M and Scatt

Post by Kifsif »

Could you help me understand whether it is possible to attach Scatt sensor to the MP-46M?
I mean what about the lever?

I've heard that people attach the sensor through a DIY yoke to the front sight base (number 10 in exploded parts scheme).

I'm considering buying a SCATT for myself. So, it is not for the team or commercial use. I can put up with some inconvenience.
But this is my only pistol: I can't attach the sensor forever and will have to every day or every other day attach and detach the sensor.

Could you comment: whether SCATT is convenient to use wit this pistol or it is a bad idea?
Gwhite

Re: MP-46M and Scatt

Post by Gwhite »

It's going to be tricky. You can't mount the sensor below or in front due to the cocking lever path. That leaves the sides, or above the front sight. You might be able to mount it on the side away from your cocking arm. You will also have to be careful with the cord to make sure it doesn't get caught & pinched by the lever.

If you can get a little machining assistance, you might be able to replace the two forward pins (#8) with bolts that would screw into a mounting block of some sort. The SCATT sensor has a dovetailed slot that could be used to clamp onto the block. I don't know if the sensor has to be mounted vertically. If so, it could hang below the block just far enough to the side to clear the cocking lever.
Chia

Post by Chia »

It does not need to be held vertically. The Steyr clip has it held on the right side of the gun. Good luck.
Kifsif

Post by Kifsif »

Gwhite wrote:It's going to be tricky.
Well, I'm confused a bit.

I once had a chance to try SCATT. I was in a shooting club and there was a SCATT there. I came to the coach and asked for permission.

It was he who told me that you have MP-46 and you will have to make some yoke for the sensor to be attach to the sight base.

And since then I have never thought of SCATT. And here are your answers that it is going to be tricky.

And only now I realize that it is everything about dryfire. In this case the cylinder is as good as air storage reservoir. And no lever on the horizon.

What did the coach and you couch mean that attaching a sensor is tricky?
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Kifsif wrote:
Gwhite wrote:It's going to be tricky.
Well, I'm confused a bit.

I once had a chance to try SCATT. I was in a shooting club and there was a SCATT there. I came to the coach and asked for permission.

It was he who told me that you have MP-46 and you will have to make some yoke for the sensor to be attach to the sight base.

And since then I have never thought of SCATT. And here are your answers that it is going to be tricky.

And only now I realize that it is everything about dryfire. In this case the cylinder is as good as air storage reservoir. And no lever on the horizon.

What did the coach and you couch mean that attaching a sensor is tricky?
Sorry, that's what I get for replying late at night... I use a Noptel, and use it with live fire as well as dry fire. The Noptel system is great for telling HOW a shot arrived where it did, but even after careful zeroing, it doesn't always predict the actual location of the shot quite right. Using it combined with live fire gives you a bit more precise feedback.

If you only do dry fire (which is fine), it looks like the regular SCATT mount might work if you thread the band under the barrel behind the forward barrel block (#21's). I don't think a custom yoke would be required at all. The pump section of the IZH isn't that much larger than a regular PCP air cylinder. The most you might need is something to span the slot for the pump mechanism, and a piece of thin cardboard would probably work.