Benelli MP90 ? #2

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Art R

Benelli MP90 ? #2

Post by Art R »

Does anyone know what is included with a new Benelli MP90s? - -2 magazines? -- weights? -- Someone said the rear sight is adjustable for notch width and depth. Is that right? --- - Will the standard grip that comes with the pistol adjust far enough for XL (not XXL) hands?

Thanks in Advance, Art
-TT-

Re: Benelli MP90 ? #2

Post by -TT- »

Assuming you're buying from Larry's, then my experience is it comes with two 6-round magazines and no weights.

The rear sight is very nicely adjustable for elevation, windage, notch width and notch depth. It has a 4.0mm front sight blade. It shoots quite well with the irons.

My hands are L (about 95mm across the knuckles) and the standard grip fits me well with almost no modification. I'm not 100% certain what size I have, though. The box has quite a few codes: "PIST TIRO MP 90S 22-09 IMP R NILL DXL US A-LGI". I can guess some of them but "NILL DXL" could mean Nill right-handed XL size. I tried it at the shop before deciding and DeAnna may have sized me up before bringing one out. :-) You may want to call and ask.

I raise the heel plate about 1/4" to fit my hand. I'd imagine that at full extension it would easily fit a larger hand. Thickness/diameter might be another question though. After a couple of months I slightly extended the two middle finger grooves to wrap more on the left, and opened a relief notch at the center rear of the heel plate. I don't plan any further changes for now.

I'm using about 55g of weight and am experimenting with a bit more. Its balance is pretty close to ideal for me right now though. If I used the "Larry's Ultimate mount" I would not add weight, it's already pretty massive (although it does have the same pockets as the factory weight carrier).