Air Pistol Matches In Seattle Washington, USA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
fc60

Air Pistol Matches In Seattle Washington, USA

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

See attached PDF for Match dates.

They also host an impromptu 50 foot Standard Pistol Match at the end of the Air Gun Match.

Cheers,

Dave
Attachments
2017 WS Air and Std Pistol match info.pdf
(55.58 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
jaxontarget

Re: Air Pistol Matches In Seattle Washington, USA

Post by jaxontarget »

Thanks for posting this. I've been wanting to try competing. Are red dot sights permitted in either or both of these competitions, Dave? I'm a newbie to competing, needless to say.
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

ISU UIT ISSF matches are traditionally iron sight.

Contact the Match Director for more specifics.

I did see one new shooter firing in the Standard Pistol Match with a Red Dot. I believe it was for "fun" just to experience how the course of fire was conducted.

Cheers,

Dave
left360

Post by left360 »

Rob runs a great match. It's friendly, low key and at a very nice range. Come join in!

Cheers, Steve
jaxontarget

Post by jaxontarget »

fc60 wrote:Greetings,

ISU UIT ISSF matches are traditionally iron sight.

Contact the Match Director for more specifics.

I did see one new shooter firing in the Standard Pistol Match with a Red Dot. I believe it was for "fun" just to experience how the course of fire was conducted.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks guys. I thought as much, but it looked like the NRA rules allow optical sights in Open Class for Standard Pistol. I'll have to give it a try today at the range. I think I'm just OK with a red dot (I seem to be able to keep 50 rounds in the black on an A8 at 20 yards with 2 or 3 flyers - I'm sure not with the same consistency and accuracy as others who compete), but these old eyes don't serve me too well as far as precision shooting goes if I have to rely on iron sights....especially blacked out target sights at an indoor range. I seem to do fine with my defensive pistols with three dot sights, but that's not precision shooting. Anyway...I'll try a bit of practice with iron sights with a .22 at distance and see how it goes. Running the course just for fun definitely sounds appealing to get a sense of what it's like.