KHAYDUROV / DEMYAN SP22 PISTOL UPDATE

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
DHMG

KHAYDUROV / DEMYAN SP22 PISTOL UPDATE

Post by DHMG »

Ok....it's that time of year again to check for updates on the availability of the Russian design. Anyone have any news?
PFribley

Re: KHAYDUROV / DEMYAN SP22 PISTOL UPDATE

Post by PFribley »

New potato diggers?????
hundert

Post by hundert »

cool the trigger is a tiny bit closer to the bore line than on AW93
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

Igor, what are they roughly talking about in the video?

Looks good! I wonder as to if/when they will be released. Reading some marketing material further it looks to go into production mid 2017
Image Image
william

Post by william »

Oh, boy! Trump and Putin BFFs. I'll bet we see these things on the shelves in gun shops all over America by the end of January. Then they can take their time dealing with unimportant matters like NATO, Ukraine, Syria....
Fortitudo Dei

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

This is good news.
Unfortunately, none of the images I can find show the pistol without its grip as without it one would be able to work out to some extent whether the trigger mechanism of the SP15 is (as the text of the linked pages Ruig included seems to indicate) like the HR30 or if it is closer to Efim Khaidurov's final design of the SP08 (or for that matter, like an AW93). The embedded pictures which were posted to TT in 2009 of Khaidurov's last design shortly before he passed away have all disappeared after their original source was deleted, but I have found this image on a cache which shows something radically different from the AW93 (the trigger of which has never been one of its strong points)

If trade relations improve, production is confirmed, supply is reliable and price is reasonable, they could be on to a winner...but I've had that thought many times...