Yet another "which pistol" thread

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
therider

Re: Yet another "which pistol" thread

Post by therider »

ihasagun wrote:I still can't decide between the Morini and the lp2 compact. I was looking at grip size, and my hand is 9.5 cm wide, so that would match up to a large Morini grip, but puts me on the cusp between medium and large for steyr grips. If I decide to go with Steyr, should I get the medium or large grip?
For steyr you should consider M ( I am 92mm and S is also an option for me)
Morini 162ei : you should get a M
hundert

Post by hundert »

j-team wrote:
hundert wrote:I don't think any female will handle a 1.3kg pistol for 40 shots. I did 1.5kg with extra weights in training, but I'm a guy and it was exhausting.
Really? How many years did they all shoot FWB 65s in that weight range? And GSPs in Sport pistol!
I think you ahve a memory hole, FWB 65 is a light pistol, only the very first version with a thick barrel was heavy.

Here's the thin barrel (the more common): http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GQEzT9jM5ZU/U ... 65+13i.JPG

here's the old thick barrel (the gun is unbearably heavy): https://www.co2air.de/wbb2/attachment.p ... ntid=38805

even found a comparison one next to another, the barrel is at least twice as heavy as the other one:
http://s60.photobucket.com/user/Charlie ... 1.jpg.html

And there's another version of thin and short barrel, which is even lighter.
I sold my 65 and bought Steyr lp1, jesus was the gun light!

I used to own the thick barrel, I believe it was over 1300g, 1380 if my memory servs me right, and it wasn't fun to shoot with, the thin barrelled version is super light, you can even add weights to it if you want. It's SUPER unlikely any woman would be able to shoot the thick barrel without a heavy penalty on her score

The rider is right, Steyr's grips are labelled incorrectly, if you have 90mm it's a definite S grip. but it may be too thin. Steyr's "M" starts with 95mm, anything below you will have to put putty on the movable palm rest (like I did). I've had at least 10 Steyr grips throughout my "career" you can trust the info.

Morini gets the size right.
ihasagun

Post by ihasagun »

therider wrote:
He wants a pistol with adjustable grip....and Morini 162ei is not!

Morini 162ei forgiving?????? I love it, but certainly it is not a forgiving pistol!
If the Morini does not have adjustable rake angle, then I think I will pass on it unless I have a chance to try one out first. Can someone please confirm that the LP2 has adjustable rake angle?
ihasagun

Post by ihasagun »

ihasagun wrote:
If the Morini does not have adjustable rake angle, then I think I will pass on it unless I have a chance to try one out first. Can someone please confirm that the LP2 has adjustable rake angle?
I called pillkguns to ask about it and it was confirmed. That's the good news. The bad news? Pilkguns is completely out of Steyr and won't have any more for about 3 weeks. CC doesn't carry the LP2 and is also OOS on all Steyr. Anyone know where I can get an LP2 compact before Xmas in the US? If I can get one ASAP, then I can gift my IZH to someone else and help him build up the grip with filler so it fits his hand. Hence the rush.
Chia

Post by Chia »

Something is up with Steyr and U.S. importers. I'm not sure what, but the outage has lasted a while.
hundert

Post by hundert »

Steyr's fault or being more precise, some parts couldn't be delivered by subcontractors.

Any reason for LP2? Get the full size LP10, it's not heavy or anything, it's around 1000g, it has the most perfect balance in my opinion, too light isn't good either
ihasagun

Post by ihasagun »

hundert wrote:Steyr's fault or being more precise, some parts couldn't be delivered by subcontractors.

Any reason for LP2? Get the full size LP10, it's not heavy or anything, it's around 1000g, it has the most perfect balance in my opinion, too light isn't good either

I was into the lp2 compact because I was having trouble reaching the trigger on my IZH. But I just took the trigger upgrade off my IZH and put the original trigger on it, slid it all the way back, and now I have no problem reaching it. I have an lp10 arriving tomorrow, so I will get to try it out before making a final decision.
ihasagun

Post by ihasagun »

I think I cloud be happy with the lp10 with medium grip. No problem reaching the trigger. I put a large grip on it for my boyfriend and he says it fits like a glove. We set the front sight to its rearmost position and the rear sight forward. I'd buy another if I could.
hundert

Post by hundert »

good choice... I posted a pic of my pistols on the other pistol thread