Pardini SP vs RF

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
peterc52

Pardini SP vs RF

Post by peterc52 »

Hi guys,

In my last tread I was keen on a AW93 but went to the gun store today and I'm definitely getting a Pardini. What a wonderful gun.

But I cant figure out whether to get the standard or rapid fire version. I not shooting rapid fire right now but cant deny i want to try it out a some point.

I want the most versatile version. :)

So far I read the RF spreads a bit more but is it noticeable?

Kind regards,
Peter
Coolmeester

Re: Pardini SP vs RF

Post by Coolmeester »

peterc52 wrote:Hi guys,

In my last tread I was keen on a AW93 but went to the gun store today and I'm definitely getting a Pardini. What a wonderful gun.

But I cant figure out whether to get the standard or rapid fire version. I not shooting rapid fire right now but cant deny i want to try it out a some point.

I want the most versatile version. :)

So far I read the RF spreads a bit more but is it noticeable?

Kind regards,
Peter
I'd buy the standard version.
Center-fire pistol
Standard pistol
Rapid fire pistol
Free pistol
Air pistol
ghillieman

Post by ghillieman »

The Rapid Fire Pardini has a very light bolt and a slightly tapered chamber for fact cycling.

The Standard Pistol Pardini is of the standard bolt design and functions well with standard velocity ammunition.

The Bullseye Pardini has a heavier bolt for faster American .22lr ammunition and a delayed cycle supposedly for greater 50 yard accuracy. Also has a picatinny rail for optics.

I use an older Pardini SP, match ammo gets 1/2" at 50 yards, and mount an optic directly with Warne Precision CZ550 rings.
wahoowillie

Post by wahoowillie »

I bought a new SP Bullseye package from Pardini USA about two weeks ago. It came with rings for the Ultradot with a Match 2 and appropriately milled bases (rather than a picatinny rail). I had a 20-year old SP before this one that I loved—but love the new Bullseye model even more.
ghillieman wrote:The Rapid Fire Pardini has a very light bolt and a slightly tapered chamber for fact cycling.

The Standard Pistol Pardini is of the standard bolt design and functions well with standard velocity ammunition.

The Bullseye Pardini has a heavier bolt for faster American .22lr ammunition and a delayed cycle supposedly for greater 50 yard accuracy. Also has a picatinny rail for optics.

I use an older Pardini SP, match ammo gets 1/2" at 50 yards, and mount an optic directly with Warne Precision CZ550 rings.
Attachments
IMG_1060.JPG
NRA Life Member
peterc52

Post by peterc52 »

We cant get a bullseye version here in denmark. I guess its because of your ammo in the us.

Is the RF less accurate? I held both versions yesterday, both felt good.
j-team

Post by j-team »

peterc52 wrote:We cant get a bullseye version here in denmark. I guess its because of your ammo in the us.

Is the RF less accurate? I held both versions yesterday, both felt good.
The accuracy is virtually the same, unless you are a 590 shooter you won't notice. My SP-RF shoots 12mm groups from machine rest with lapua pistol king. Get either model you will be happy whichever you choose. If you plan to shoot rapid fire the RF has slightly nicer recoil.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

A question was asked by a new RF pardini owner as to whether the apparent front heaviness could be improved by removing weights. The answer was yes, however removing weights or substituting ones made from a lighter material will increase apparent recoil.

If a front heavy pistol is not your preference then why spend more dollars for the RF and then modify it to feel and perform like the standard version. Just buy the standard and save the money for a case of ammo.
peterc52

Post by peterc52 »

Just talked to Pardini. They advised me to get a standard SP since I always could convert into a RF they said. SP it is!

Thanks!
Christopher Miceli

Post by Christopher Miceli »

peterc52 wrote:Just talked to Pardini. They advised me to get a standard SP since I always could convert into a RF they said. SP it is!

Thanks!
What parts and cost to do so?
hundert

Post by hundert »

yeah the conversion will cost you... a lot, like at least a $1000, but do you want to shoot RFP?
they also have .32 wadcutter barrel to go with it, that's another $1000 or so