Importing Question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
paulmcallister

Importing Question

Post by paulmcallister »

Hi everyone,

After some deliberation I decided to bite the bullet and order an LP 50. I have an LP 10 but I would like an LP 50 so I can practice times and rapid fire for BullsEye league shooting.

I called today to place my order and the last one was sold yesterday. I was told that the importer is out of stock and it will be several months before they are available again.

It is practical to purchase one directly from a retailer in Europe or should I just lay down until the feeling passes?

Thanks, Paul
ChipEck

Re: Importing Question

Post by ChipEck »

I try to purchase from where I can get good service. I live in the US so I buy from Pilkguns. I have been on their list. To buy an Evo e for several months. Yes it is hard to wait, but I know I will get top notch service when I need it.

Chip
Chia

Post by Chia »

Yes it is possible. With apologies to ChipEck, I have had a steyr evo 10 for about three months now through krale (search Krale on the forum to find more info on them). They delivered within a week, and the gun is amazing. Be warned that this may or may not result in some warranty issues (I haven't had to ask anyone for maintenance, fortunately, but I do not know the U.S. importer's policies regarding air pistols purchased out of country.)

Before purchasing, email the company to ensure the product is in stock. Also, be prepared to deal with hassles with your card, as a lot of US card makers have automatic bans on international transactions. To get around this, just call them ahead of time, describe the nature of the transaction, and get them to lift the hold temporarily.

All of that said, if purchasing from your home country is important to you for personal reasons, do that. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this route.
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

paulmcallister wrote:After some deliberation I decided to bite the bullet and order an LP 50. I have an LP 10 but I would like an LP 50 so I can practice times and rapid fire for BullsEye league shooting.

*snip*
If you're shooting Bulleye then you're most likely in the states, right? The compact is probably a little closer in feeling to a Standard Pistol.
If our host Pilkguns don't have one I suggest you get in contact with Krale-Schietsport out of Holland.
Although I am not an expert I think in the USA an airgun is a non-firearm so can be sent by post.

Krale does a lot of work with USA shooters so should be pretty straightforward.
Image Image
RyanA

Post by RyanA »

I think you may be out of luck in the short-term, unless you find a used one, as there appears to be a widespread shortage of most Steyr air pistols. Even Krale only has LP2s and perhaps an EVO. I also checked with our host a month ago and was told I would have to wait until the new year. Sounds like that may be pushed back even further now. It would be nice if Steyr would put out some definitive information to the public about their production status and wait times. I have to say, I handled a Pardini K12 this past weekend and holy-moly, that trigger is unbelievably smooth! Hot. Oiled. Butter. ( I realize you are looking for a repeater, I just added that last part in to tease the other folks who have been waiting patiently for the EVO)
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

Paul,

Sent you a PM.

Stan
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

I'd second the recommendation for Krale.

https://www.krale-schietsport.nl/en/

Currently showing out of stock on the LP50, but when in stock you order, wire them the funds, and they send it expedited UPS (usually 2 day delivery). With the Euro down to $1.06 or so it would run you around $1,500 delivered (depending on fees to wire funds, exchange rate, etc.).

Gerritt (owner or son of owner) speaks/writes excellent English so shoot them an email.