Steyr LP10e cocking lever discharges air

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Chuckiep

Steyr LP10e cocking lever discharges air

Post by Chuckiep »

The issue can be recreated every time by closing slightly for dry fire, thenot closing the cocking lever, then it shoots a lower velocity of air, and causes a squib.

Any body know why?
Mtl_Biker

Re: Steyr LP10e cocking lever discharges air

Post by Mtl_Biker »

Chuckiep wrote:The issue can be recreated every time by closing slightly for dry fire, thenot closing the cocking lever, then it shoots a lower velocity of air, and causes a squib.

Any body know why?
Are you asking out of curiosity about what causes this, or if this is normal?

It's normal. Does that with every LP10 I've seen and with my EVO-10. After dry-firing and then closing fully the cocking lever, there's a pfffft noise with a wee bit of air being discharged. No idea why this is, but it is indeed normal.
AA S510 Xtra FAC Ultimate Sporter *CARBINE* .22
CZ200S "Green" .177
Feinwerkbau 800 Evolution Top
AA S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Weihrauch HW50S .22
hundert

Post by hundert »

I had that too on 10e a couple of times
Chuckiep

Post by Chuckiep »

Thanks for the reply!

Here was the Solve:

The velocity screward was turned up by 2.5 turns. The shooter thought he needed more velocity, I think because he was using a poorly calibrated chronograph.

Anyways, if that velocity screw is turned up that much and dry fired, the firing pin, or what ever is released by the sear, gets released further whenhance the lever goes to full cock. The pressure stored in the pin is enough to fire enough air to squib a round.