Best Triggers for Air Pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
scerir

Re: Best Triggers for Air Pistol

Post by scerir »

hundert wrote: Unfortunately nobody has the K12 here, I'd love to try that.
K12 trigger is very very dry. But also different, because the first lever is *very* long as you can see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez1s1MQaPX4
ihasagun

Post by ihasagun »

therider wrote:GWhite, again a very interesting description.

So, what would be the second stage movement for a trigger to be defined 'rolling'? would the force linearly increase with the displacement in such a trigger.

I have finally managed to keep chicken finger under control by literarly 'controlling' the movement of the finger with the second stage exhalation. But it only works if i do watch my hand and ignore the sights. So I check before exhaling that I am aming at the right zone, i check that sights are aligned, then watch my hand only and i start exhaling. I then turn back to the front sight in the last 1-2 seconds when my air is nearly completely out, when my finger is smoothly moving and has got 'momentum' and I focus on the hexalation controlling the movement.
I found that this works for me.
I wish I had the first clue what you were talking about. Never mind me. I'll maybe come back to this thread in a few years and say, "O."
Chia

Post by Chia »

ihasagun wrote:

So, what would be the second stage movement for a trigger to be defined 'rolling'? would the force linearly increase with the displacement in such a trigger.

I have finally managed to keep chicken finger under control by literarly 'controlling' the movement of the finger with the second stage exhalation. But it only works if i do watch my hand and ignore the sights. So I check before exhaling that I am aming at the right zone, i check that sights are aligned, then watch my hand only and i start exhaling. I then turn back to the front sight in the last 1-2 seconds when my air is nearly completely out, when my finger is smoothly moving and has got 'momentum' and I focus on the hexalation controlling the movement.
I wish I had the first clue what you were talking about. Never mind me. I'll maybe come back to this thread in a few years and say, "O."

Conscious versus subconscious movement. Consciously moving the index finger is traditionally considered a bad idea. I think the second stage of exhalation is the half-breath stage where you let out approximately half of your air and hold steady while aiming?
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Consciously moving the index finger is traditionally considered a bad idea
This is not correct. All actions have to be initiated consciously and the trigger press is no exception.
What is considered incorrect is conciously starting the rearward trigger movement and then aborting it.

As G White mentioned a trigger that breaks without warning is usually linked with chicken finger as there is no second stage sear movement which causes a psychological condition that anticipates how much pressure is needed...resulting in the trigger feeling if it will not release.

On the other hand the rolling trigger has the sear setup allowing more movement of the two sear halves across each other before release.

There is less awareness where the breaking point is and hence the importance in starting the trigger press and STAYING with it while focusing on sight alignment.
David M

Post by David M »

A true rolling trigger will have a slightly rounded sear so that as you pull
thru second stage the trigger rolls off the sear instead of a complete collapse
on release.
It requires a heavier second stage weight to ensure a proper reset if you abort
but it gives a softer feel on letoff and allows for some degree of sight control
during letoff. ie to steer the shot while in the aiming area.
RyanA

Post by RyanA »

Hi, I'm not entirely sure that I understood your post (perhaps you are using the term exhaling incorrectly, as it means to breath-out ), but it seems to indicate that you are breathing out while you are pressing the trigger. I would recommend that you should hold at least a half-tank (relaxed lung-full of air) when you start the shot process, and you should not be inhaling or exhaling air while you are aiming and pressing the trigger.
Ryan