New Game Show: Name That Grip!

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Gwhite

New Game Show: Name That Grip!

Post by Gwhite »

The team I help coach has been trying to organize our grip collection. We have two grips the likes of which I've never seen, and they don't seem to fit any pistols we currently have. They appear to be air pistol grips. We would like to find them a good home, but it's hard to advertise things you can't identify...

Contestant Number 1:

It's hard to see, but the bottom of the pocket for the action is rounded (as viewed from the side), which is typical of Pardinis. However, the pocket is too narrow for the K60's we have. Both grips have the unusual half-octagon contour to the lower half where the adjustable palm shelf slides up & down.

Contestant Number 2:

The action this one fits appears to be more of a rectangular block.

Can anyone help identify either of these, or perhaps just the manufacturer?

Thanks for playing!
Last edited by Gwhite on Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SamEEE

Re: New Game Show: Name That Grip!

Post by SamEEE »

#1 is a GSP grip I think?
Image Image
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

The Walther guess may be a good starting point. From looking on-line, they appear to use the half-octagon shape on the lower part of the grip. However, I don't think either is for a GSP. We have a couple of older GSP's, and I would think the frame of the GSP would cut through the back of the grip more. Our GSP's also have a grip screw that comes in from the side, but they may have both those & a bolt up from the bottom. I will investigate Monday when I'm at the range.

We do have a CP-2 in our collection, and I can see if one of them fits that. From looking at photos on-line, grip #2 may very well be a CP-2 grip.

Thanks!
scerir

Post by scerir »

Many years ago Walther used a grip-maker (living in Milano -Italy- he also was a very good shooter, but I don't remember his name right now). His grips were similar to those ....
j-team

Post by j-team »

1: Walther OSP (mid 1980s).

2: Walther CP-2/CP-3 (also mid 1980s).
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Excellent! I will confirm on Monday. The biggest question is how the GSP version mounts. I know ours use the the side screws, and from Rink's web site, there is a special nut that is required to use the through bolt.

Thanks!
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

This is the nut, no idea if it will work on a OSP:
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/1542100.htm

Image Image
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Thanks to our contestants! They are indeed Walter grips, one for our CP-2, and one for a GSP. The GSP one is a bit odd. We'll need to order the special nut because it doesn't mount with the side screws. The grip also doesn't have the clearance cut away inside the left side of the grip to clear the safety. A little work with a chisel should take care of that.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Gwhite wrote:Excellent! I will confirm on Monday. The biggest question is how the GSP version mounts. I know ours use the the side screws, and from Rink's web site, there is a special nut that is required to use the through bolt.

Thanks!
Not GSP, it's an OSP grip. They are different. Lower frame is the same but upper is not, OSP is shorter at the back and angles up, GSP goes straight though.

You can put a GSP grip on an OSP (there will be a gap at the back) but you can't put an OSP grip on a GSP.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Aha! I thought the frames were the same. Thanks for the clarification.

I wondered about the angle of the grip pocket in the back. I just figured the grip was angled when mounted. We don't have any OSP's, so we will try to find another home for it.