Rink grips

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jerber

Rink grips

Post by jerber »

Where in the USA can you get Rink grips?
Gwhite

Re: Rink grips

Post by Gwhite »

You can order them through Larry's Guns in Maine, but it's pretty easy to order them direct from Rink's web site. Rink doesn't tend to have much "in stock", they make them up on order. It can take 6 to 8 weeks to get one:

http://www.formgriffe.de/en/
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

Gwhite wrote:You can order them through Larry's Guns in Maine, but it's pretty easy to order them direct from Rink's web site. Rink doesn't tend to have much "in stock", they make them up on order. It can take 6 to 8 weeks to get one:

http://www.formgriffe.de/en/
+1
I have several Rink grips and each one took about 7 weeks from order until received.

Chip
jerber

Post by jerber »

What do they charge for shipping cost?
I m on the east coast
PFribley

Post by PFribley »

The rink grips are a good buy now with the dollar much stronger towards the euro. Lately I have purchased 2 sets. Thomas Rink is a professional and very customer friendly. Prompt communication. Smooth transactions. The down side is the wait. You won't be disappointed.
Gregbenner

Post by Gregbenner »

PFribley wrote:The rink grips are a good buy now with the dollar much stronger towards the euro. Lately I have purchased 2 sets. Thomas Rink is a professional and very customer friendly. Prompt communication. Smooth transactions. The down side is the wait. You won't be disappointed.
Just received a set for my beretta 89. Agree with your comments completely!
sparky

Post by sparky »

jerber wrote:What do they charge for shipping cost?
I m on the east coast
IIRC, it comes out to about $35-40 for up to 5kg (about 11lbs), so it you grips for multiple guns or have friends who want grips too, it would make sense to order them all at once.

If you're looking for Rink grips for a Pardini, I think Pardini USA sells them, but for more than Rink charges, but you'd get them quicker if they're in stock.
Rover

Post by Rover »

There is one problem, though. If you are buying stock grips, or even custom ones, you can't be sure they will fit any better than your present ones.

Alter your stock grips to a perfect fit. If you can't do that, then you don't know what good grip fit is.
jerber

Post by jerber »

Rover wrote: Alter your stock grips to a perfect fit. If you can't do that, then you don't know what good grip fit is.
That doesn't make any sense at all!!
Rover

Post by Rover »

Well, I HAVE noticed that your reading comprehension is not all it should be.
jerber

Post by jerber »

Rover wrote:Well, I HAVE noticed that your reading comprehension is not all it should be.
There's nothing wrong with my reading comprehension
The problem is your sarcasms replies
Very annoying! And not helpful at all
Rwilson

Post by Rwilson »

Through all the rhetoric, anyone that takes shooting seriously knows ANY 'manufactured' grip is not a custom fit.....only your rasp and epoxy will do that....and it makes a difference!
Chia

Post by Chia »

Not sure what the comments about modifying a grip have to do with buying a Rink grip. Any ideas on when the Euro is going to strengthen again?
rmca

Post by rmca »

Chia wrote:Not sure what the comments about modifying a grip have to do with buying a Rink grip.
People tend to buy them when the original factory grip doesn't fit them well.
Most find out that a Rink Grip does not solve their problems, although it may ease them...

The real reason to get a Rink grip should be to get your already modified grip copied in a pristine, all wood, factory new condition. In other words, a custom grip that looks like a new factory one.

By the way, Rover's right despite of his sarcasm, if you never modified a grip with a rasp and putty you don't know what a good felling grip is...

Hope this helps
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

rmca wrote:By the way, Rover's right despite of his sarcasm, if you never modified a grip with a rasp and putty you don't know what a good felling grip is...
I completely disagree.

I know exactly what a good feeling/handling/pointing grip is, but have always had mine made or modified by people who know what they're doing. Apart from modifications to make factory grips legal I've never had to do any grip work myself.
Rover

Post by Rover »

You made my point.
rmca

Post by rmca »

David Levene wrote:
rmca wrote:By the way, Rover's right despite of his sarcasm, if you never modified a grip with a rasp and putty you don't know what a good felling grip is...
I completely disagree.

I know exactly what a good feeling/handling/pointing grip is, but have always had mine made or modified by people who know what they're doing. Apart from modifications to make factory grips legal I've never had to do any grip work myself.
Ok, let me rephrase then, if you never had a grip modified to suit your hand, you don't know what a good felling grip is... ;)
sparky

Post by sparky »

FWIW, I like how the Rink on my Pardini adjusts and secures the palmshelf much better than the stock Pardini grip. I think it's a much better starting point.
Chia

Post by Chia »

rmca wrote:People tend to buy them when the original factory grip doesn't fit them well.
Most find out that a Rink Grip does not solve their problems, although it may ease them...

The real reason to get a Rink grip should be to get your already modified grip copied in a pristine, all wood, factory new condition. In other words, a custom grip that looks like a new factory one.

By the way, Rover's right despite of his sarcasm, if you never modified a grip with a rasp and putty you don't know what a good felling grip is...

Hope this helps
I'm aware of the necessity of grip customization and favor personal modification (my current tool is dollar-store playdough until I'm more comfortable with where and how to mess with the grip. I have read a lot of the guides...but it's a skill that requires practical application. The play-dough lasts a few weeks and has good staying power and doesn't mess up the wood ). I don't think anyone is going to disagree that a grip designed for an individual's hand will enable them to more naturally and consistently aim. Whether you achieve that through DIY modification or through a custom fit by a professional is irrelevant. It's the fit that matters.

But this discussion was about where to get a Rink grip and advantages and disadvantages to leeveraging the euro/dollar difference. That's what my point was. But if we want to change topics, hey, why not.
Rover

Post by Rover »

That's true! The underlying assumption though, is that spending $200 for a pair of grips will give superior fit and performance. It just ain't so.