Air Pistol Barrel 1 in 10 twist

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
David M

Air Pistol Barrel 1 in 10 twist

Post by David M »

FWB2twist2-vi.jpg
FWB2twist2-vi.jpg (18.93 KiB) Viewed 1036 times
Is this a 1 in 10 twist Air Pistol Barrel ?
deadeyedick

Re: Air Pistol Barrel 1 in 10 twist

Post by deadeyedick »

Here is another...1 in 15 twist. Please note that the first image is an anti clockwise twist designed to be shot in the Southern Hemisphere and the latter ( clockwise ) in the Northern hemisphere.

Coriolis determined higher scores are obtainable when used in this way.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (34.45 KiB) Viewed 1029 times
Rover

Post by Rover »

It has been the reactionary forces at ISSF, supported by David Levene, that have kept the wonderfulness of this innovation from us.
gwsb

Post by gwsb »

As a live long rifle shooter, I have always suspected pistol shooters to be 2 bricks short of a full load. We now have photographic evidence confirming this.
Chia

Post by Chia »

gwsb wrote:As a live long rifle shooter, I have always suspected pistol shooters to be 2 bricks short of a full load. We now have photographic evidence confirming this.
You needed photographic evidence to confirm this??
rmca

Post by rmca »

gwsb wrote:As a live long rifle shooter, I have always suspected pistol shooters to be 2 bricks short of a full load. We now have photographic evidence confirming this.
Those two bricks WE lack, are the ones YOU carry on your luggage every time you go to the range...
I rather not having them than to carry extra! YMMV! ;)
gwsb

Post by gwsb »

RMCA you are absolutely right. I know many rifle shooters with bad backs. One current sad example is Jamie Corkish. The 2012 womens 3 p Olympic gold metalist who had to retire after the Olympics because of a bad back. And I know of many others. I have often wondered if our back problems were the result of shooting standing, carrying our equipment, or some other less savory activity after shooting. Jamie's is the result of the 10s of thousands of rounds of standing it takes to become a champion.

I have always been envious of rapid fire pistol shooters. They come to the range with a small briefcase and a box of Eley. Couldn't tell them from a banker going to work. 90 seconds later they pack up, go back to the pool and drink a beer. Then they come back tomorrow and do it again.
rmca

Post by rmca »

gwsb wrote:I have always been envious of rapid fire pistol shooters. They come to the range with a small briefcase and a box of Eley. Couldn't tell them from a banker going to work. 90 seconds later they pack up, go back to the pool and drink a beer. Then they come back tomorrow and do it again.
Or you can shoot free pistol and take 90 minutes to fire that box... :) (on paper targets!)

On a more serious note, rifle shooting positions coupled with all the heavy lifting of material does take a toll on shooters...
I know several that had to dial back or even quit because of that... not a nice thing to see...