izh46 m kicks pumping lever does not lock after pumping

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
gfrad

izh46 m kicks pumping lever does not lock after pumping

Post by gfrad »

I pull pumping lever to compress air for izh46m as I try to fully close lever it does not lock ,it kicks back if I press it shut and hold it in place gun fires ok has any experienced this problem .I changed piston seal and problem still exist
Gwhite

Re: izh46 m kicks pumping lever does not lock after pumping

Post by Gwhite »

Has it always done this, or is this something new? It sounds like the geometry of the pump linkage is wrong, or it may be that the piston needs adjusting. I can't see how any of that would change unless it was reassembled incorrectly at some point.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

On the closing stroke when the air is being compressed, the lever won't lock itself back up? I concur with Gwhite that the piston assembly may need readjusting, or part nº 44 and 45 which keeps the cocking lever linkage in place, might have some wear and tear.
gfrad

Post by gfrad »

it started doing this on my last shot at our shooting range i had shot more than 150 pellets that day with no problems on last shot it started acting up,as i pulled lever down and the air was compressed as i tried to close lever in place i did notice i had to apply more pressure than usual as it was not locking in place it would kick pack ,when i forced lever back down and held pressed in place gun was able to fire I tried adjusting piston by screwing in a few turns and screwing out a few turns same issues arise,the gun was bought in 2009 part 44&45 looks ok
gfrad

Post by gfrad »

i think i found problem piston bar was welded a while back the top part had weld spurs i filed it down and smoothed it out now pump lever locks after i fuly pump it.I aslo placed order fo a new piston bar at eaacorp it looks like theyhaveparts for izh46m now
gfrad

Post by gfrad »

i received new piston lever today from eaacorp replaced it the gun functions corectly now