Going to Have an Air Pistol Match for Adults in Wisconsin!

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Gwhite

Re: Going to Have an Air Pistol Match for Adults in Wisconsi

Post by Gwhite »

Actually, Kruger-US sells B-40 air pistol (and other) NRA approved targets made by Kruger in Germany on good paper. Their prices are very competitive with other US sources of high quality targets:

http://www.kruger-us-targets.com/

The MIT collegiate team has been using them for several years now without any issues. The shipping costs to get them back to the east coast are a bit painful. We buy in large enough quantities that they give us a discount, which takes some of the sting out.
Jon AP

Post by Jon AP »

Thanks for the information. I was unaware that Kruger offered targets with the NRA approved stamp. I used Edelman's and received a letter from the NRA in response. I looked at the Kruger's but I didn't see and NRA approved stamp on them (when viewed on an internet vendors website at least).

Is what you refer to as Kruger-US a subset of Kruger targets? In other words, do all Kruger targets bear the NRA approved stamp or do you have to be careful to order the correct Kruger B-40 target to get targets with the NRA stamp on them?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Jon AP wrote:Is what you refer to as Kruger-US a subset of Kruger targets? In other words, do all Kruger targets bear the NRA approved stamp or do you have to be careful to order the correct Kruger B-40 target to get targets with the NRA stamp on them?
The targets that we in the UK buy direct from Kruger in Germany don't have an NRA stamp.

I'm guessing that the targets you would buy from Kruger USA will have the stamp.
Chia

Post by Chia »

Jon AP wrote:Thanks for the information. I was unaware that Kruger offered targets with the NRA approved stamp. I used Edelman's and received a letter from the NRA in response.
If only the NRA was this careful about whom it licenses the B-40 to. Then we wouldn't have to use targets made in other countries in the first place, and the NRA wouldn't have to evaluate competitions so hard for its B-40 license.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Let's break with tradition here at TT and talk about reality.

Unless you're actually sending the targets to the NRA then go ahead and use the Euro targets. The only difference is that the NRA approved AP targets are taller. I put them in them holder sideways anyway.

The good targets will make life easier for all concerned.
Jon AP

Post by Jon AP »

Not including mention of the targets being used in the match bulletin works, unless a competitor innocently mentions it to the NRA. Then you get the official letter and you run the risk of having the results nullified for purposes of establishing a classification. (My league results weren't nullified, the NRA was reasonable and only gave me the official notification that I had to use targets with the NRA approved stamp, but the risk is still there).

Given how lousy the paper of the usual B-40 targets is, and now that I know that there are NRA approved Kruger targets available, I'd spring for the better targets. Our league was using 5 shots per bull on Edelman targets, which worked well except for a couple of troublemakers who insisted on shooting scores in the high 560's and low 570's. As long as there aren't too many elite competitors I wouldn't hesitate to shoot 5 per bull on Krugers.

The most important thing is to have well-organized and administered competitions available, either postal or shoulder-to-shoulder. I've run NRA approved matches and postals and it isn't all that difficult. On the other hand, my experience with USA Shooting was so negative that I swore that I'd never sanction through them. There's plenty of able assistance available through this forum. Hopefully we can get a few more people to take the plunge and run some events.
mjmarz

Post by mjmarz »

We have air gun activity in Minnesota. Check the Minnesota Rifle and Revolver site for schedule. We are shooting weekly in Maplewood Minnesota, not all that far from the Wisconsin line. ?We have geared it for adults but all are welcome.