TargetTalk

A forum to talk about Olympic style shooting, rifle or pistol, 10 meters to 50 meters, and whatever is in between. Hosted by Pilkguns.com
It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Improve the FAS 6004
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:41 pm 

You old curmudgeon, that's the best reply I've ever seen from you!

Tell it like it is!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:03 pm 

Rover wrote:
You old curmudgeon, that's the best reply I've ever seen from you!

Tell it like it is!

Hey, who are you calling old?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:54 pm 

Ralph? Ralph Nader? I didn't know you were a shooter? Good reply. Methinkst you will get tired of tilting at windmills in the firearms and shooting industry's technical issues.

Maybe you would like to take on Detroit, Tokyo, Seol, and the UAW? ;)

Best,

Gary

Post subject: Re: Curious
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:30 am 

william wrote:
And why the post? Simple, I long ago got sick and tired of companies who do their beta-testing with unsuspecting customers. When I - or anybody else - spends good money for a product he has every right to expect something that works. Unless it's clearly marked:

This POS may be nonfunctional out of the box and if so may require specialized tools and skills that you may or may not possess. Either way, it's not our fault.

They have seriously tried that in this country. Specifically, camera manufacturers made a camera with a bulb that exploded when flashing, blinding the user. They had a contract disclaiming responsibility for "any and all defects." Needless to say, they got sued, lost, and we now have a "warranty of general merchantability" requirement in this country. It is theoretically possible to disclaim by contract, but it doesn't really matter because you can't disclaim breach of contract or personal injury anyway. (Breach of contract in this case being that the gun are not usable for its ordinary use due to shitty manufacturing.)

The method of killing product lines is called a design defect case. If one person manages to prove that the design is defective in a single lawsuit, anyone can sue on the same principle and get their money (and attorney fees) back. It's fairly effective at preventing utter shit from getting into this country, but it's also why medical equipment is so expensive...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:34 pm 

Howdy,

For those of you that have done this, did you disassemble the pistol to get to the ported breach face or polish in place?

Thanks,

Gary

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:24 pm 

GoWyo! wrote:
...did you disassemble the pistol to get to the ported breach face or polish in place?..

You can polish the port face without disassembly. I fashioned a 'small' sanding block out of hardwood and went at it with a back-and-forth motion that followed the chamber arc. Start with 360 or 400 wet/dry paper lubed with Kroil or other light oil. When the surface is smooth, finish with 600.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:08 pm 

Just finished this mod, it was super easy since Slofyr did all of the research and leg work! Took me all of 30 minutes and although I haven't chronoed the pistol, it is now cutting nra 10 meter targets cleanly!

Thanks again.