LP10 trigger too far away

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Coolmeester

LP10 trigger too far away

Post by Coolmeester »

I think I'm not the only one with this problem. I have kinda small hand and for me it's hard to reach the trigger on my LP10. Angle of my forefinger isnt even near 90° what I would like to. How to solve the problem? New grip? Slimmer trigger shoe?

Tried to shoot trigger shoe removed but didnt like the feeling on my finger.
Center-fire pistol
Standard pistol
Rapid fire pistol
Free pistol
Air pistol
yana

Re: LP10 trigger too far away

Post by yana »

No doubt the blade is in its utmost rear position?
What gripsize do you use?
j-team

Post by j-team »

Which version do you have? The latest ones are better for short fingers, the first version was hopeless (that's the one with black plastic shoe), then can a metal one that was slightly better and finally the last one was best for short fingers.

You can also put on the LP1/LP2 trigger (that's what I have on my LP10) which is good for short fingers but not as adjustable.
Coolmeester

Post by Coolmeester »

It's M grip and trigger is set as far back as it gets. I think my trigger is those first metal ones. Those newer triggers I found on google image search seemed to be bit slimmer. Maybe I have to buy one..

Is there any benefit of buying new style 8-hole compensator?
Center-fire pistol
Standard pistol
Rapid fire pistol
Free pistol
Air pistol
renzo

Post by renzo »

I had the same problem, due to a short trigger finger.

The trigger blade stayed uncomfortable distant, in spite of having taken off wood material to the point of the metal frame showing in the back-right corner.

I finally solved it by ordering a then-new trigger blade (that was in 2015), the one which came in the latest (at that time) LP-10´s, that is flatter to begin with than the one I had, and also the adjustement screw was positioned on its axis, instead of behind it (that forces the blade to protrude ahead even more.

And last, I filed away the front serrations to leave the blade even slimmer.

Hope this helps
Chia

Post by Chia »

The 10 evo has that trigger blade you're talking about. It's great stuff. I have the opposite problem: my hands are too big, and it lets me adjust it as far as I need to!

As to the new style 8-hole compensator? Probably not. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_1 ... ol_records You'll note that, with the exception of Jin Jong-oh (and I'm pretty sure that his scores are raw talent and insane practice rather than the pistol he advertises for), all of the world and Olympic records were set before the compensator became a big thing, and it hasn't really changed much.

Recoil isn't a direct factor in the scoring part of AP. By the time air escapes the pistol and the compensator is in play, the pellet has already left the gun. It is going wherever you aimed at, good or bad. A compensator does let you get a better sight picture by giving you a bit more time to see where you were when you released the trigger, but that doesn't help the pellet...

Does it "feel" better to shoot with a compensator? Yes absolutely. But feeling better and scoring better are two different things...
hundert

Post by hundert »

you need to leave space between your palm and the grip in the back
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

@Chia. As a general point re compensators, In PCP there are heavy hammer blocks accelerating forward before the valve opens plus the pellet itself has accelerating mass. Both reaction forces to the accelerations will tilt the barrel up slightly before the pellet has left the barrel. My Fwb P34 would shoot lower if the inbuilt comp (behind the loading port) was adjusted as per the manual and kicked noticeably when the comp malfunctioned. The inbuilt pressure operated comp weight operates while pellet is in the barrel. I could also feel the kick when using 8.3 grain vs 7.0 grain. The actual effect may be small and can be sighted out but not zero.

HOWEVER the 8 hole barrel end Steyr comp does not seem to have much point at all!
Rover

Post by Rover »

"HOWEVER the 8 hole barrel end Steyr comp does not seem to have much point at all!"

You have obviously neglected to consider the benefits of farkling. No matter HOW much extra you pay for useless additions to your gun, you will have accrued a HUGE psychological advantage that will really up your score.

Don't believe me? See the many posts here that insist that using the most expensive pellets will give the user that "edge" no matter what tests may show.
Chia

Post by Chia »

TenMetrePeter wrote:@Chia. As a general point re compensators, In PCP there are heavy hammer blocks accelerating forward before the valve opens plus the pellet itself has accelerating mass. Both reaction forces to the accelerations will tilt the barrel up slightly before the pellet has left the barrel. My Fwb P34 would shoot lower if the inbuilt comp (behind the loading port) was adjusted as per the manual and kicked noticeably when the comp malfunctioned. The inbuilt pressure operated comp weight operates while pellet is in the barrel. I could also feel the kick when using 8.3 grain vs 7.0 grain. The actual effect may be small and can be sighted out but not zero.

HOWEVER the 8 hole barrel end Steyr comp does not seem to have much point at all!
I will say this. I bought the gun because I think it is the best gun for me. I am still convinced of that almost a month later. Will let you know if I still think that in 18 months, but I'm pretty darn sure I will. I'm 100% confident that if there is a problem with my shooting, it's not the gun, it's me. That's a very, very useful thing to think when you're trying to improve.