trigger of Steyr Evo Lp10E

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
scerir

trigger of Steyr Evo Lp10E

Post by scerir »

I've read that the trigger of the Steyr Evo Lp10E is different
from the trigger of the Steyr Lp10E (no micro-switch now).
What about the feeling? Is it much different (i.e. more clean
and short?). Thanks. s.
Mtl_Biker

Re: trigger of Steyr Evo Lp10E

Post by Mtl_Biker »

scerir wrote:I've read that the trigger of the Steyr Evo Lp10E is different
from the trigger of the Steyr Lp10E (no micro-switch now).
What about the feeling? Is it much different (i.e. more clean
and short?). Thanks. s.
I can't answer your question about the possible different feeling, but there is no such thing as a "Steyr Evo Lp10E". The two models are "Steyr EVO 10e" and "Steyr LP10e". In any case, I personally have no experience with the electronic trigger versions but at our club we have a extremely experienced pistol shooter with an LP10e (he was on the Canadian National Team for many years) and we were talking about the guns just yesterday (I have an EVO-10) and he said that he would never buy an electronic trigger again. I was surprised because I thought they were the ultimate. But he said they were nothing but trouble and that neither his friends nor he would ever buy electronic again. But I'm sure there must be people who are very happy with the electronic triggers.

He tried my EVO-10 and liked the gun/trigger so much that he said that was what he would be changing to.

My own fear with electronic triggers is that they very likely wouldn't last as long as mechanical triggers and there would always be a question of whether or not proprietary batteries or components would be available 20 years from now. And it's very common to find 20 year old mechanical guns still being used very successfully.
AA S510 Xtra FAC Ultimate Sporter *CARBINE* .22
CZ200S "Green" .177
Feinwerkbau 800 Evolution Top
AA S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Weihrauch HW50S .22
Chia

Post by Chia »

Mtl_Biker mirrors my thoughts on the issue. I have a Steyr 10 Evo and it's definitely a great trigger. I did not consider an electronic trigger primarily because of the arguments he stated.

While I haven't used a serious ISSF AP before this one, I have some parallel experience in the music world. I was a pipe organist, and there were two movements in the field: one that liked huge pipe organs with electronic keyboards and the other who preferred smaller pipe organs with mechanical keyboards. Universally, it was acknowledged that mechanical keys had a superior feel that allowed you to articulate more precisely. Oh, and they lasted much longer. A lot of the biggest pipe organs in the world are no longer running at full capacity, at least partially because of electronics.

Triggers are different, obviously, but the durability argument is transferable since pipe organ maintenance can be a huge expense and things that reduce that expense are valued. Most churches, if they buy a pipe organ, typically buy mechanical keyboards these days. See http://www.cbfisk.com for an example of a company that makes mechanical action pipe organs.
scerir

Post by scerir »

Thanks. I thought that the Morini 162E trigger (micro-switch) was a very good trigger (smooth, no after-travel at all). But I tried the Steyr LP10E trigger (micro-switch) and it was better (that is to say the feeling was more dry but still smooth). Now I read that the Steyr Evo 10E has a different trigger, no micro-switch but a clean gold contact (something similar to Morini free pistol 84E?). But here in Rome (Italy) I cannot find a Steyr Evo right now. (I can agree that there are good, robust, mechanical triggers). s.
Chia

Post by Chia »

Try Krale schietsport's website. They're in the Netherlands. I don't know how importing air pistols works in Italy, but I'm pretty sure they have some Steyr 10 evos in stock. They might have the electronic version but I'm not sure.
PFribley

Post by PFribley »

If I was in Italy I would look up the Match Guns people for a new air pistol!!!!!
scerir

Post by scerir »

PFribley wrote:If I was in Italy I would look up the Match Guns people for a new air pistol!!!!!
Italian shooters like Pardini K12 (but, quite franckly, I think the K2s was easier) and Morini 162E. For some unknown reasons Match Guns comes as a 3rd choice. Maybe because Cesare Morini discontinues his models so often? Definitely Italian shooters do not like the mechanical Steyr Lp10.
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

From experience in my country most people recognize the name Morini and associate it with Cesare (grips, guns doesn't matter). They are unaware that Morini (Switzerland) nowadays is not affiliated with Cesare and that Matchguns is the current company of the old man. At least Italian shooters support their own shooting industry whether it is Pardini or Matchguns.
therider

Post by therider »

The trigger of LP10 E was very deformable. Check Visier April 2012 and have a look at the graph of trigger force-displacement.
I did not like it at all. In the second stage you can feel the large deformation of the micro switch.

I have tried the Evo E a few times, about 80 shots and I like the pistol and the trigger a lot.

Howerver, although the Evo E is without microswitch (as the Matchguns) it is NOT as crisp as the Matchguns. I would say that it is something in between Matchguns and Morini 162ei, closer to the latter.
scerir

Post by scerir »

therider wrote:The trigger of LP10 E was very deformable. Check Visier April 2012 and have a look at the graph of trigger force-displacement.
I did not like it at all. In the second stage you can feel the large deformation of the micro switch.
I have tried the Evo E a few times, about 80 shots and I like the pistol and the trigger a lot.
Howerver, although the Evo E is without microswitch (as the Matchguns) it is NOT as crisp as the Matchguns. I would say that it is something in between Matchguns and Morini 162ei, closer to the latter.
Thanks. Mechanism of MatchGuns is based on extra-current "on opening", I guess. So the trigger is more crisp. s.
django

Post by django »

I try lp10E evo trigger and cm16El. I feel morini trigger still more responsive than stayer even using stone age technology (Lol). This is my personal opinion. I never try matchgun.
So i don't buy new evo and stick to my morini.