Hammerli Pistol "Smiths"

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Gregbenner

Hammerli Pistol "Smiths"

Post by Gregbenner »

Could anyone recommend a gunsmith with experience/expertise with a Hammerli 208 (other than Larry at Larry's Gun's)? Southern California, or vicinity would be even better. Would like to get my new (to me) older 208 serviced, and the trigger pull lighten (if possible). Don't have any interest in trying it muself (I have expended all my mechanical skills learning how to field strip my Ruger LOL).

Thx

greg
Chia

Re: Hammerli Pistol "Smiths"

Post by Chia »

Gregbenner wrote:Could anyone recommend a gunsmith with experience/expertise with a Hammerli 208 (other than Larry at Larry's Gun's)? Southern California, or vicinity would be even better. Would like to get my new (to me) older 208 serviced, and the trigger pull lighten (if possible). Don't have any interest in trying it muself (I have expended all my mechanical skills learning how to field strip my Ruger LOL).

Thx

greg
While I don't have a suggestion I certainly want to show solidarity with you about field stripping a Ruger. That was the first time I knew I was in over my head with gun mechanics...
Misny

Post by Misny »

Have you tried this company? http://www.rocosystem.com
Gregbenner

Post by Gregbenner »

Misny wrote:Have you tried this company? http://www.rocosystem.com
Thx, I called them, but they only work on guns they have sold.
joel

Post by joel »

Jon Eulette shoots and can't work on the 208. He is a superb smith and has done a lot of work for me on my wad gun as well as my Agner M80.

Joel
Gregbenner

Post by Gregbenner »

joel wrote:Jon Eulette shoots and can't work on the 208. He is a superb smith and has done a lot of work for me on my wad gun as well as my Agner M80.

Joel

John, any contact info? Is he in SD area?

thx

greg
joel

Post by joel »

He's not too far, San Bernardino I believe. He's in Escondido monthly for matches and he's a member of this forum so you can look him up. First rate gunsmith, reliable and honest, and an excellent shooter.

Joel
San Diego
Gregbenner

Post by Gregbenner »

Thx Joel, I sent him a PM. I live in Oceanside, so that location is perfect! Just too expensive to ship the gun to Maine and back.
joel

Post by joel »

You will be very happy with his work.
I work in Oceanside.

Joel
Gregbenner

Post by Gregbenner »

208 now shoots like a dream. Plus Jon fixed the new magazines I had purchased from Larry's...after failing to adjust them himself, Larry suggested it was an issue with the gun (WTF?).

Jon is now making me a custom 9mm/22 as well a a complete rebuild for my old 45. Now if it was only so easy to shoot well (LOL)
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

joel wrote:Jon Eulette shoots and can't work on the 208. He is a superb smith and has done a lot of work for me on my wad gun as well as my Agner M80.

Joel

That's an unfortunate misplacement of a "'t"
Gregbenner

Post by Gregbenner »

john bickar wrote:

Joel

That's an unfortunate misplacement of a "'t"

That's funny. I mis-read and didn't notice the 't" either.