Transition to Rapid Fire from Standard Pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ForceAwakens

Transition to Rapid Fire from Standard Pistol

Post by ForceAwakens »

hi - I am currently training for 25m Standard Pistol event. Training is going steady and good. I was wondering what would be a good time to start training for olympic style rapid fire event (5 targets...8sec, 6 sec, 4 sec). Should I be able to attain a particular score in Standard Pistol before I move on to RF or I need to transition to center-fire dueling first and attain some score?
I know this seems like someone eager to jump ahead questions, it is :-). Any tips will be helpful
Regards,
Santosh

“Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” — Yoda
David Levene

Re: Transition to Rapid Fire from Standard Pistol

Post by David Levene »

IMHO, as someone who used to average 572+ in Standard Pistol, there is no correlation between the 2 events.
David M

Post by David M »

ForceAwakens wrote:hi - I am currently training for 25m Standard Pistol event. Training is going steady and good.
Steady and Good.......
What is your idea of a good Standard score ?
Standard Pistol is a very good trigger control training match, so to shoot well means you have mastered the basics.
I am thinking 560-570's as a good level. Breakdown of approx. 190's, 185's and 180's for 150, 20 and 10 seconds.
If you have the basics and want to shoot Rapid or Centre, just do it.
Also if you only have a .22, then why not shoot Sport pistol at club level.
Best tip.....get a coach.
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

ForceAwakens wrote:hi - I am currently training for 25m Standard Pistol event. Training is going steady and good. I was wondering what would be a good time to start training for olympic style rapid fire event
Now.
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

David Levene wrote:IMHO, as someone who used to average 572+ in Standard Pistol, there is no correlation between the 2 events.
Respectfully, and wholeheartedly, disagree.